Main Menu

Geoff Senior

Started by philh, 26 April, 2015, 09:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philh

Hi all,

I loved Geogf Senior's work on Transformers UK when I was a kid and read that he has worked on 2000ad, does anyone know what series/story this was on?

Phil

Colin YNWA

maryanddavid

His art on the under appreciated Lawman of the Future is very good, but I love Dragons Claw, and the brilliant Deaths Head story Body in Question.

COMMANDO FORCES

He did this Dredd sketch cover for me at Demoncon.

HdE

Geoff Senior is a 100% quality act!

I've had the pleasure of meeting him twice at the Auto Assembly convention (he even very graciously allowed me to chat to him about comic art while he was tucking into his lunch one afternoon) - a really lovely guy and a genuinely unique talent.

So, naturally, I lost his email address. GAAAAGGGHHH!!!

Philh, if you liked Geoff's Transformers art back in the day, it may be worth checking out the collected reprints of Titan's more recent UK Transformers material. He drew a fresh strip a few years back. He also did a little bit of guest art on IDW's Regeneration One comic, and a few variant covers.

Possibly you already know all this, but there's nothing like seeing new art from Mr. senior.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Professor Bear

Senior is criminally underrated by UK comics fans as his work for Marvel UK in the mid-1980s was mostly on licenced comics, but his every strip was immediately identifiable and he remains one of the UK's most individual art styles.  Loved his chunky and clear work on Transformers and Action Force, but he came into his own on stuff like Dragon's Claws and Zoids, depicting desolate warzones and grizzled psychos like he didn't realise or care he was working on toy advertisements aimed at kids.

SIP

Geoff Senior is fantastic.  I have still got my sets of dragons claws, transformers and action force comments purely for his artwork, I love it.

IndigoPrime

He always reminded me of McMahon in the sense of dynamism his strips portrayed. He was perfectly suited to Transformers at the time, given the angular nature of his work, and I'd love to see him on 2000 AD. Thinking about it: Geoff Senior doing an action-packed arc on ABC Warriors would be something. (His Dredd annual story way back was pretty good too.)

SIP

I have attempted transformers drawings in the past,  it's far trickier than it looks.  Geoff Senior not only makes it look easy,  he makes it look cool. 

HdE

I remember all the kids in my school going NUTS for Geoff's art on Transformers. At the time, I didn't like it. I saw angles in it everywhere, and it put me off.

Re-discovering his artowrk when I had actually learned a bit about the magical arts of comic book art was probably one of the biggest revelatory experiences I've ever had. It's INSANE how stylised and individual the guy's work is.

So, once time travel is properly developed, I'll be heading back to 1984 to punch young HdE in the face and make him pay more attention.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/