Main Menu

Dragondaze Games Convention 20th September 2014

Started by Dragondaze, 20 January, 2014, 10:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragondaze

The Dragondaze Convention is a charity event in aid of Barnardos Young Carers, it is a Board, Roleplaying and Wargames Convention with lots to do and lots of Eye Candy.

Will let the poster show you all about it.

Richmond Clements

Trout

amines2058

Excellent news this, especially with it being in my home town!  :D
Is this a new event or have they simply renamed the old Comic / Film / TV Convention that used to occur at the Leisure Centre??
I also wonder if there will be any further 2000AD interest there aside from the Brit-Cit Judges??

Dragondaze

Its nothing to do with the old scifi event, its a restart of the old Dragondaze that used to run in Newport in the 80's but on a bigger scale, apparently its the first time that all the rooms in the Center have been rented for a single event.

Heres the website www.dragondaze.com

amines2058

Thanks Dragondaze for clarifying. As an aside on the website you mention of an artists corner for some of the games artists. Do you have any confirmed names for this yet or is it still early days??

Ancient Otter

Wales is too far for me but I got to say games day with charity event? Hell Yeah Great Idea!

Dragondaze

Quote from: amines2058 on 22 January, 2014, 01:01:44 PM
Thanks Dragondaze for clarifying. As an aside on the website you mention of an artists corner for some of the games artists. Do you have any confirmed names for this yet or is it still early days??

Jon Gibbons and Linda Jones so far.

Dragondaze

Michael Van Kesteren, Concept Artist for Dredd 2012 will be at the show wandering around.
He also does the concept art for Da Vinci's Demons.

Dragondaze

Table booking system is now live on the website for you to book a gaming table if you so wish.

www.dragondaze.com

JonGibbons

Yeah, I'll be attending as an Artist, hope to see some of you there.

Dragondaze

We are running the Con again this year on the 19th of September at the same Venue, its bigger and better.