Main Menu

Star Wars Rebels :new series

Started by Grugz, 05 October, 2014, 06:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

CrazyFoxMachine

Nor was it season 2 at all - but a single feature length film thing - the "proper" season begins in September.

Good continuation and despite despising Clone Wars for no real fault of its own (mainly for being a largely insipid bloated continuity replacement for the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars which is still to my mind the finest Star Wars thing ever produced) it was actually quite affecting to see [spoiler]Ahsoka coming into contact with Anakin again[/spoiler].

I'm looking forward to seeing this forthcoming series although [spoiler]Vader's statement "we'll send another inquisitor out to look for them" at the end was the clearest subtext in the world for "they'll have a serious big bad to face that isn't as expensive or continuity bothering as me"[/spoiler].

Sigh... TordelBack where are thee :'(

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

The inter-season special was on Disney XD yesterday. Very enjoyable, I thought. Vader was deployed effectively and the callback to the (frankly unforgivable) Clone Wars TV show didn't negatively impact proceedings.

[spoiler]Shame Palpatine wasn't voiced by Ian McDiarmid though. Is he bored of Star Wars now?[/spoiler]

Grugz

enjoyed the second series special, vader is always awesome and he tore through phoenix squadron with ease! think ahsoka did recognise him ,just chose to say she didn't. I read somewhere this is going to be a bit of a darker season which is good.
lots of speculation on who the new female inquisitor is ,some saying barris offee but judging by a pic on making star wars .com showing ezra sat on the floor in front of the lass I'm thinking [spoiler]his long lost mummy?[/spoiler]
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 19 July, 2015, 10:55:10 AM
I read somewhere this is going to be a bit of a darker season which is good.

Oh, God, no.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

To be fair, Jim, if the internet is anything to go by the one thing Star Wars fans hate about Star Wars is when it's fun.

TordelBack

Darker than the bit in Season 1 where the Inquisitor summarily  [spoiler]beheads the Laurel & Hardy comic relief [/spoiler]imperial officers, or baits a trap with the [spoiler]executed corpse of Luminara Unduli[/spoiler]?  Frankly those were quite dark enough! Did enjoy JEJ's turn as Vader in the Season 2 'special' - as with Billy Dee the voice was a lot older but still dripping with a different level of class.