Main Menu

Reminds You of Something....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 11 July, 2015, 10:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Hold up, this is a play sword, right?

Keef Monkey

Hopefully. I'm not sure I want to live in a world where Thryllseeker has access to weaponry.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 23 July, 2015, 07:18:15 PM

They have those at my local supermarket. I wonder what supermarket Slaine would shop at? Probably not Slough Tesco.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 July, 2015, 12:00:13 PM
They have those at my local supermarket. I wonder what supermarket Slaine would shop at? Probably not Slough Tesco.
Brilliant!
We never really die.

TordelBack

In fairness Slough Tesco is quite monstrous...

TS already has possession of numerous lethal (and storied) blades. Clearly he doesn't think it too many.

(Slaine's original shortsword, and the object of TS's affections,  is close based on the Ballyshannon Bay hilt from Donegal,which I have held - it's tiny).

ThryllSeekyr

It just arrived to today and with small surprise, it looks larger than the photos of it lead me to believe. Might
have noticed the measurements before hand,  but it this never truly sinks in until I saw the box on my back doorstep and got it out moments later in the kitchen. My father was just got up and was making his way down the hallway as he looked at me holding the thing un-scabbarded and matter of factly commented that to be careful with it and not be seen out side the house with it.

Especially not by the police,

(I won't be waving the thing in anybody's face, and really if they could shoot me!)

only after I reminded him it's a replica, but otherwise made from the real stuff. The blade is surprisingly slippery, like it was oiled, and polished, but the edges wouldn't cut anything. Even with sufficient pressure. You could still knock anybody silly with the flat of blade and the pommel.

The pommel, is impressive and the reason I wanted this.....just like the one that Slaine wielded with regards to it's design, although I doubt such vagabond would be trusted with this one. It has almost gold like quality to it, although I doubt it would be the real deal in this respect. 

I still may be interested in the latter one I saw....

No, it's real metal, but the blade has been kept dull.

Quote from: Keef Monkey

Hopefully. I'm not sure I want to live in a world where Thryllseeker has access to weaponry

I've been thinking about ownership of a real gun, but who would I trust with the bullets and who might break into my house and use it against me.

This sword, despite it's properties is just for show. I would relish using it on anybody for fear of damaging it  :P

Seriously, our family cutlery is more dangerous, (Because they're sharp and easier to explain , as well as hide!) that's for eating with :D

Quote from: TotalHackIn fairness Slough Tesco is quite monstrous...

TS already has possession of numerous lethal (and storied) blades. Clearly he doesn't think it too many.

(Slaine's original shortsword, and the object of TS's affections,  is close based on the Ballyshannon Bay hilt from Donegal,which I have held - it's tiny).

Aside from the regular cutlery and the odd Swiss-Army-Knives we have lying around, that Glamdring sword and that  Hero axe that's serves only for a rough place-holding for a actual Brain-Bite despite it's very sharp on both sides. I cut my finger and toe on it.

And now this sword......

More of broad sword, that isn't so much shorter than that other sword I own.

The pommel fits my hand and both of those of regular size and dimensions.

It would put Mick Dundee's Bowie knife to shame....

That's not a sword, this is!

And with that statement, it's possibly more unwieldy with all it's heaviness, and slow to effectively position correctly without being disarmed and have it used against me. Like I wrote, I would sooner smash somebody (Who needed smashing!) with the pommel.

The one in that picture you have, looks either wooden or very tarnished and perhaps more likely in the hands of Slaine. Yet, is this actual size?

You wrote yourself that this I tiny.

Like a scorpion, the smaller ones are more dangerous.

In case you haven't read this else where....welcome back to the board.

Did you take that tour, like you hinted?