Main Menu

Coughing your way to a million...

Started by Quirkafleeg, 08 April, 2003, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

Ha! Ha!  Very entertaining, all!  No, I don't believe for one minute that they are innocent- and pretending to not not know somebody when you do is pretty dumb- especially if you've phoned them on your bloody mobile!!

I reckon the best defence they might have come up with would be to admit to everything except the actual 'coughing the answers' bit- as it's still hard to prove byond all shadow of a doubting Thomas...

Also, I'd forgotten that Major Disaster had written a book on winning at "Millionaire" and can probably easily afford to pay fines and costs- so a bit less sympathy is now due.

Not so Mr Eucalyptus, however, who will probably have to sell his story to the press to fund his gameshow habit...

Matt
Pffft...

Devons Daddy

but i have one question.
why the hell did the cougher not take part?

if he knew all the answers why didnt he take the chair?
now this has to be the biggest question.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DavidXBrunt

Because in the eliminator round the Major was, quite literally, the fastest fingerer?

And, please don't slander Major Disastor - he's nothing like these cheats. Paul Brooker has led a life of crime, that much is true, but he is now trying to make ammends for this. He's served his time with the Suicide Squad and has now taken his place in the big Leagues.

Slippery PD

A couple of strange things at play here.
1.  They cant make any money from their crime, this is enshrined in UK Law.  So can The Major still profit from his book???
2.  Where they actually convicted because they did it or is there some of the usual petty jealousies being played.  "You won a Million, you must cheated!" or "Its TV surely that can be faked"

My opinion for what its worth is that they probably did do it.  But like Matt, Im not sure its beyond all reasonable doubt.  The circumstatial evidence is certainly overwhelming but Im not sure that proves it conclusively.  Any lawyers hang around here????

Yer Slippo

Matt Timson

"They cant make any money from their crime, this is enshrined in UK Law. So can The Major still profit from his book???"

I think they'd written the book before as his wife won some money or something?

Anyway- the book doesn't tell you to get a mate to cough for you- just tells you the best way to get on the show- best topics to revise- that sort of thing.  I think.

Matt
Pffft...

Matt Timson

"Paul Brooker has led a life of crime, that much is true, but he is now trying to make ammends for this. He's served his time with the Suicide Squad"

Is that right?  I loved it when he was "in charge" of the Injustice League and always thought that his powers were pretty under-used.  What happened to him then- seeing as most of the Suicide Squad tend to live up to their names?

Is the Suicide Squad even going anymore?

Matt

Didn't his dad want him to be a dentist, or something?  Don't think I'd want a guy with "disaster powers" poking around at *my* teeth...
Pffft...

Quirkafleeg

The best way to get on the show... spend two grand on the premiumn rate phone line

The Monarch

trying not to laugh at johnnyeyebrows post above and in saying so must point out that mr brooker is now a part of the legendary jla alongside apache chief err i mean manitou raven and some glowy girl called faith (not the slayer by the by thats a different kettle of fish)

Matt Timson

Major Disaster is in the Justice League?!?  I know he was in charge of Justice League Antarctica for about five minutes- before wrecking the joint...

What about Big Sur (Sir?)- did he ever get his genius back?

As you might be able to tell- I don't read much in the way of Justice League anymore...

Matt
Pffft...

Matt Timson

"spend two grand on the premiumn rate phone line"

Sadly, this is true- but of course "people from all walks of life can get on it".

Yeah right!  Reckon I'd be tempted to cheat too.  I would anyway, of course- but even more so if I'd just spent my life's savings getting myself into the chair.

And is it just me, or does that chair look as uncomfy as fuck?!?

Matt
Pffft...

DavidXBrunt

Basically the Suicide Squad was restarted and the ex-members of the Injustice League were the first chosen. On the first operation Big Sir, Multi-Man and Clock King bit the dust, ClueMaster used the cover to fake his death and escape and the Major ended up as the last man standing and was stuck on various squads until the team was closed down.

He resorted to crime again and gave up the pretence of being anything other than a petty thug. Superman talked him into trying to go straight again and when a recent crisis needed a new team he was chosen to join. He's stuck around since then.

So Major Disaster is now a member of the League. Now he isn't trying to be something he isn't, now he's just a low-life with a power he's finally found his role in life and has helped defeat eons old sorceresses and alien armadas. He's basically the Guy Gardner of the new team.