Main Menu

New thrill for 2000AD

Started by paulvonscott, 01 April, 2003, 05:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Well, to my great Delight Tharg has accepted my 12 part crab epic for publication in 2000AD.  

Entitled Crab Overlords of Xanadu it starts with an assasination attempt on George Bush, he is then rushed to a hospital, there they X-Ray his head and find that his brain has been replaced with a crab from outer space.

A crack team of cool people armed with guns and catchphrases are then sent with crab detectors all over the world to assasinate our Crab Overlords, that come from Xanadu.  Hence the title.

Something happens with a dimension grenade in part three that ties up all 2000AD continuity (including Slaine) into one great crab afflicted story.  Basically imagine Crisis on Infinite Earths, with crabs, a sort of Infinite Crab Crisis, and you'll get some idea of how great it's going to be.

Anyway, I'd better go, the first script must be in soon, what's the date?

cheers
Paul

Oddboy

I've just heard that the lettering for this story is going to be done by my Dad, and the colouring by my parents' cat Willow.

So congratulations all round.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

thats it. you just spoilt it for us all. if you are going to offer the full basic story arc at least place a spioler title on it.

so i have heard that Bolland has agreed to do the painted art is that true also ?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

paulvonscott

Bolland will only be doing the giga-crab at the end that is killed by an anthrax delivering postman.  That's after Dr Vorbostraum discovers the crabs really hate thrash metal.  Even if the postman fails (which he doesn't) there is a secondary plan involving a copy of Queensryche's Operation Mind crime, though thankfully it won't come to such uncertain methods.

As each episode will take up all of the Meg and 2000AD for four months, there's plenty of surpirse left DD.  In fact Crisis and revolver are both coming back for Special Crabtaculars in order to tie both Jimmy Hendrix and Third World War in as well.

Smiley

You were right, Watcher. PVS was the first to try the April Fool's gag. I owe you a tenner.

paulvonscott

Ah, but you see it wasn't an April fool, my medication ran out.

Damn you Watcher!

Quirkafleeg

No, you are Guy N. Smith and I claim my ten pounds!

Marbles

However I hear Ennis is writing the continuity destroying prequel where the crab-heads all meet up to finalise their world domination plans in a Dublin bar and end up getting slotted by dimension-jumping ex-SAS hitmen ??
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Richmond Clements

Yeah?
I heard it was Pat Mills, and the crabs were going to be unmasked as multidimensional slavelords, feeding off the souls of humans. And they were really what we call god. And Slaine is reincarnated as one to save Niamh from Torquemada, before the ABC Warriors blow up the Crab base on Mars.

Bart Oliver

Close, but no cigar.

Nevermind PVS there's always next year..
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Smiley

Ah, but you see it wasn't an April fool, my medication ran out.

But this was...

You were right, Watcher. PVS was the first to try the April Fool's gag. I owe you a tenner.

Heh! Apologies to one and all.

Tiplodocus

I made an April fool phone call to ScotRail this morning. I said, "Keep it up, you're doing a great job!"
Be excellent to each other. And party on!