Main Menu

Regened is returning – to the Judge Dredd Megazine

Started by IndigoPrime, 21 May, 2024, 06:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 May, 2024, 06:08:12 PM2000 AD has just announced that Regened wasn't dead after all – it was just sleeping:

https://2000ad.com/news/thrills-for-the-future-all-ages-comics-return-to-2000-ad-this-summer/

They missed a trick by not announcing this merger with a "Great news for all our readers" headline.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

Regen and Meg or Meg and Regen or The Regen Meg or "The Meg Regen"
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

One has to assume that this is not how they wanted things to play out (re. Regened), so they're making the best of a bad hand. Like Devlin, they're making a good fist of it.

In terms of the economics (re. the idea that they could cut out a bunch of stuff and still have it be viable), I assume the bean counters at Reb-Central know their shit from their Shinola.

Lastly, cast your minds back to March 2000, and Megazine 3.63. After two years of Preacher reprint (and Daily Star Dredd, with only one new story per issue), we were heading for a relaunch. The event was marked by a Wagner-scripted Dredd analogy of the Megazine's woes: J.D. Megson: A Near-Death Experience. "Half of it's recycled - old fittings they picked up cheap from Ennis Dillon Conapts."

Twenty-four years later, it's still standing.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Dash Decent

Quote from: broodblik on 24 May, 2024, 03:55:36 PMRegen and Meg or Meg and Regen or The Regen Meg or "The Meg Regen"

Megen?
The Reg?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Vector14

The Cadet Dredd Megazine, guest starring Geriatric Dredd

Magnetica

So here's the solution to Regened and the issue of Dredd aging discussed on another recent thread- just go with Cadet Dredd full time.

I'll get my coat.

Vector14

And when Cadet Dredd gets to whatever age Dredd was in prog 2,they can just start reprinting the oldies!

nxylas

Quote from: Vector14 on 27 May, 2024, 05:58:21 PMAnd when Cadet Dredd gets to whatever age Dredd was in prog 2,they can just start reprinting the oldies!

He was 33 in prog 2, so they've got a way to go yet.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!