Main Menu

The Extraordinary Works of Alan Moore

Started by Leigh S, 30 July, 2003, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Alan Moore?s Dredd script is in shops now, along with a bit about Badlander, including some Mike Collins art of the character ? All in the ?Extraordinary works of Alan Moore? book? Looks great ? review to follow

Leigh S

Hmmm

In the Nerve Centre, we have Tharg holding out the remote possibility of the return of Halo Jones...

In this book, we have Alan Moore saying "I don't want to ever do anything for 2000AD again." which is a little depressing, if pretty bloody obvious by now...

Elsewhere, the book is really illuminating - fantastic photos of Alan before the beard, and basically a huuuuge interview with him about just about everything.

Pricey, but for Moore fans, indispensable

Darren Stephens

'Elsewhere, the book is really illuminating - fantastic photos of Alan before the beard'

Mmmmmm...cant imagine him without the face furniture. One thing i would like to know, (something that is probably common knowledge, and im about to show my ignorance!)...why IS he so against working on the galaxys greatest ever again?
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Leigh S

Well, he goes into it in some detail on pages 58 and 59 - first it was the royalties/ownership issue, but now it seems  to be general pissed offness - He said that for a long time he would have done it with the return of rights, but now it's gone beyond that...  

Oddboy

...even with the new ownership? (He has been told, right?)
Better set your phaser to stun.

Leigh S

Erm... from his comments, I think he's aware....

Oddboy

IndigoPrime

More likely that it's down to him not being able to make enough cash out of Rebellion.

La Mer

isnt this a case of big fish, little pond?
its another case of tooth making someone a star, then being left behind for the bright lights of the big city, saying that, miller said hed never do a follow up to the dark knight, but it happenned...
picked up on the halo jones line in the letters, maybe hes got someone else to write it?

Oddboy

SmallBlueThing

If so, I wish he'd stop. It's just not fair to get our hopes up. Unless of course, mighty greeny has lined up a fantastic new scripting droid like Hilary Robinson to complete the saga. No, I jest.

But, I really do wish Tharg would just say "it's never coming back, and there's nothing I can do about it" rather than string us along. On the other hand, what do we know? Alan Moore isn't a monster- he's a lovely chap, very smart, funny and approachable- not to mention kind- so maybe we aren't getting the whole story (in more ways than one, heh). Surely Moore can see that the comic is the 2000ad he had dealings with IN NAME ONLY now, and if the rights could be sorted, then...

Mind you, if the publishing schedule of league of Extraordinary gents vols 1 and 2 is anything to go by, I don't think there's much chance of seeing another six books before the turn of the century...

Steev

paulvonscott

Is this available in 'normal' bookshops or just comic shops?

Leigh S

Most likely just comic book shops PVS - its a Twomorrows publication, like the recent Alan Davis book

Quirkafleeg

Alan, Socko's telling me you have to finish Halo Jones before you can become a proper magician!

The Monarch

Mark miller Halo jones where everything is screwed up and characters keep dying