Main Menu

bring back dan dare !

Started by judge dreddd, 15 September, 2003, 03:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

DAN DARE page and elegantly displayed.

superb. truly lovely. where did you get such a gem as that. a comic convention?

would a run of dan dare reprints work in the meg? worth considering isnt it? where they ever offered as a graphic novel collection.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Wake

I remember bidding for that page (or one very similar to it) on eBay. The price was too high for me though (i.e. well over ?100)

Wake

SovietSam

Theres a Computerised Series on FIVE you know!

test 4 echo

i got it from Rufus Dayglo. he auctioned it before xmas, i emailed about it, high bidder didnt complete so he offered it to me for a price i was happy to pay for what i think is a great page. when i got it framed the shop owner hung it on the wall til i collected it, and told me he'd had two customers enquire about the price.

although i'd love to have the old dare stuff in some collected form, i can't see it happening, dont think enough people liked him. i might re-read those stories now and think they arent as good as they were when i was nine, but in the early years it was the first story i turned to every week.  

btw that batman sketch next to dare, thats by that man D'Israeli, really like that one but crossover characters dont get into the sketch gallery on this site.