Main Menu

Marshall Law - Day of the Dead

Started by paulvonscott, 21 August, 2004, 02:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

At Caption, I picked up this book.  One of the new Marshall law Picture Books from Mills and O'Neill.  I wasn't convinced entirely by the idea of a text story with accompanying pictures, but having got so far in I have to say I'm pretty gripped.  

It's very entertaining (sorry Pat), you get a great insight into Marshall Law/Joe and there's some intersting character development, the usual sadistic superheroes we love to hate and as usual some very funny and cruel takes on superheroes.

It reads at about the pace of a comic book I think.  Don't be put off by the concept, I think this is much better than a novel, it reads well, it's fresh and the story isn't needlessly padded out as might be the case with a novel.

Bolt-01

Sounds cool, always liked to read the adventures of the Marshall.

Is it a big release of something quite small?

Bolt-01

Leigh S

If you like that one, PVS, then the ABC Warriors book is very much in the same vein (but longer)

thrillpowerseeker

Totally agree..I think quite a lot of characters could benefit from this development..I'd like to see a really decent Slaine picture book or perhaps another Mars based follow up to the Shadow Warriors..

paulvonscott

Yup, all done.

Yeah, that was pretty good.  I'll pick the other one up for sure.

Marshall Law is more disturbed than I feared!

May also pick up the ABC Warriors book after reading this, and the reccomendations.

Will I. Cooling

Picked it up and loved it as well...the only slight problem is that the dialogue and action on the whole feels like it was written for a comic not prose.

I really want to see another full length ML comic.

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Generally Contrary

I'd buy a new Marshall Law comic, so long as it was as good as the originals.

Art

I've been burned too many times (mostly in the wake of Sandman) to buy an unComic now.