Main Menu

Tales from Mega City 1

Started by Byron Virgo, 13 December, 2004, 05:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

"The law isn't justice. It's a very imperfect mechanism. If you press exactly the right buttons and are also lucky, justice may show up in the answer. A mechanism is all the law was ever intended to be."  
-Raymond Chandler

I looked around once, twice, and finally a third time: I could see no-one following, or at least as far as I could tell, so I took the corner at the next blcok quickly, and pressed myself against the following wall, waiting to see if anyone came cruising after me, anxious to see where I had vanished so suddenly. When no-one did, I finally acceeded to the fact that I probably wasn't being followed.

But if I wasn't, I certainly should have been.

I had the dope everyone had been looking for, the information that could blow away the big names, and make the right man in the right place into one of the new kings. Course gold like that can lead a man to the cemetary even quicker than it can take him to the alace gates, so I made sure that I had some protection that I kept nustling cozily in my hip pocket. The sort of protection that came in a 33 caliber, and made a big yellow flash when pressed. I might not've been much, but it made me feel better, feeling that hard metalic edge digging into my side, reassuring me it was there.

I looked around the street corner: it was still pretty much deserted, save for the odd late night padestrian, slowly making their way home through the alcoholic fog. I wondered what to do next. Then I remembered the advice Chandler had once given me:
"When in doubt, have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand."  
Then I knew where I needed to go next:

Link: http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/fiction/2004/talesmc1/roman_noir.shtml" target="_blank">Tales from Mega City 1

Byron Virgo

Just bumping this up (like the whore I am).

longmanshort

Dammit! I haven't got time for this, I've got comics to read!!

Heh, only joking, will have a look during a quiet moment ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Jared Katooie

Well, I think its lovely. I was going to say so the other day but in the end I didn't.

But it is.

Byron Virgo

Aww...you'll have my head swelling to a size greater than it's already considerable girth!