Main Menu

Shatterlight poppycock

Started by Trout, 02 August, 2005, 08:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Kon

i like 'slap-two-words-together DIY futurespeak' as that's how alot of words are created, and it means that the words are understandable with the need for a phrase book.

Byron Virgo

"As Gordon Rennie pointed out"

Garth Ennis, actually.

And I remember Swifty Frisco.

paulvonscott

"censorships"

I thought this was a good one!

Steamboy

NNNGH....do the....characters nnngh..sensor overload poppytcock filter failing...still think to themmmmmnnngh ahhh... selves in this ggnnnngh...bloop..plop aaah...way?
I do like Smiths stuff and cant wait to get my hands on this one.

CU Steamboy

davidbishop

I mindrewind to the earlynineties and laughcry at certain earlyfledgling excesses of the DaveStone creatorsmith. There's a Strange Cases in a Mega-Special that probably ramslams some classic examples.

davidbishop

Trout

Was it Ennis? My apologies, Byron. I misremembered.

Coincidentally, I read Swimming in Blood for the first time last night. It was very special indeed, and I recognise Smith as a writer of the highest calibre.

- Trout

Dudley

Smith = certifiable genius.  

Anybody know what happened to his novel from a couple of years ago?

Generally Contrary

It would be a reallyshameface if it was discremaindercounted-binned.

House of Usher

I thought the 'censorships' were funny. Shaped like scissors, too!

But isn't the whole thing a bit dated? It is many years since Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451 was published, and as satire, I can't help thinking Mary Whitehouse is the target, and she and her priggish ilk ceased to be taken seriously long before she passed on.

And it seems like a re-run of that Tyranny Rex story with the nunnery under siege.
STRIKE !!!