Main Menu

RIP: Mo Mowlam

Started by LARF, 19 August, 2005, 03:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

I have a lot of respect for Mo, and it's sad to see her go.

:-(

god bless.

Funt Solo

An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Richmond Clements

Mo was great. She did a lot for our country.
In fact, she was so fucking good over here, that Tony had to fire her!

Now he's 'leading tributes' to her... the hypocritical bastard.

VampiraJen

remember the time she got a standing ovation from her fellow labour's and tony watched on uncomfortably?

Demon Chicken

There goes Durham's most famous graduate.  Why couldn't it have been someone like Will CArling instead?  Oh well, I'll always remember her for appearing on Graham Norton and telling dirty jokes.

Tweak72

its amazing that in a matter of a couple of weeks 2 MPs that Opposed Tony ing the past are now Dead and wheres Tony? "somewhere secret" on holiday
yeah right!http://www.kirkbytimes.co.uk/images/warimages/antiwar_home_template_images/blairs_kill.jpg">
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Buddy

Mo was the only politician I had time for, and without what she achieved Norn Iron would still be full of idiots killing innocent people (we still have idiots killing people but it's generally constrained to 'internal fudes', well mostly).

I dread to think what state this country would be in without her intervention.

Adrian Bamforth

I think Richard Ashcroft said it best:

"No change, I can change, I can change, I can change,
but I'm here with my Mo , I am here with my Mo,
But I'm a million different people from one day to the next...
I can't change my Mo, no,no,no,no,no,no,no"

ADE

Tordelbach

Always enjoyed hearing Mo's blunt wit on R4's Any Questions and Today down through the years, I think I'll miss her radio voice nearly as much as I miss John Peel's.

Anyone that could inject a jolt of unphased humanity into that mess of carefully nuanced hypocrisy in service of vested interests that is/was our Peace Process will always have my respect.

It's not often that you can find our Ian and our Gerry saying nice things about the same person on the same page of my Saturday newspaper, but there they are.  How Tony must have hated her - Mo's unfiltered unpsun directness practically made her the Bizarroworld Blair.

Something Fishy

she was a real fighter, shrewd and talented politican and a fine person.   Sad to see her go, especially in such cirumstances after fighting so hard against her cancer.

Noisybast

I have about as much interest in politics as I do in sport, but from what little I did see of Mo Mowlam, she seemed to have a lot of common sense and some idea of what it's like to live in the real world (apparently not common traits in her profession). She seemed like a genuinely likable person.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!