Main Menu

Serenity

Started by Mike Carroll, 25 August, 2005, 06:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Just back from a special preview screening of Serenity... Where not only did we get to see what is quite possibly the best science fiction movie ever made, but we also got to meet Jewel Staite (Kaylee) and Sean Maher (Simon Tam).

I highly recommend the movie, even if you're never seen Firefly! I won't give away any spoilers, but I will say this: Joss Whedon has surpassed all of our expectations, which were considerably high!

Yours smugly,
Mike C

Bico

Always good to hear an unbiased opinion.

Funt Solo

I'm really looking forward to this:  thanks for the non-spoilerific thumbs up.

Hopefully, if successful, this movie will result in a new series:  it was disheartening that Firefly the series was cancelled, alongside the continuation of standard fare such as Stargate SG-1 (which I really enjoy, but is getting stretched pretty thin now), the risible spin-off Atlantis and the frankly moronic waste of money that was Star Trek: Enterprise.  

Talk about fan-wank:  tech too early for shields?  Simple:  replace the shields with armour plating!  "Plating down to 30%".  Oh really, and how the feck do you know that?  And how do you get it back up to 100% without stepping outside and bolting more on (moron)?  Oh, and we can't use the transporter for flesh yet...until we really have to, and then it works fine.  Gah!

++thus endeth the thursday morning rant++
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Tweak72

punches air and whats the term? Jumps the couch?
am going to see this with my best mate
yay
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Tordelbach

Like the Dork Tower T-shirt says, "Joss Whedon is my master now".  Loved the DVD of Firefly more than I can say, and the good woman and I are practically gagging for a look at this movie...  

ukdane

I've just spent most of the evening on the Serenity Website, it has an html and a flash section. I've been flashing, and it was great ;-)

Link: http://www.serenitymovie.com/main_site.html" target="_blank">Serenity homepage

Cheers

-Daney