Main Menu

How big's a Mek Quake?

Started by Mangamax, 21 May, 2002, 01:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

In reply to one of the threads in the "Foundry Figure's Future" topic, i guess if Foundry go ahead with the promised ABC Warriors and include a Mek Quake then he'd have to be done in resin. You're talking about a figure around 10cm tall and 7cm high and in white metal that'd be bloody expensive. In resin with a white metal cobra neck would be about 25 quid which i'd certainly pay.
If they do go down that road i hope they stick to the classic line-up and not some of the dodgier members, like that Samurai guy and the one with the pointy snout. Wouldn't mind a Terri though....
Just finishing off those first 4 figures and they paint up really well with Dredd being the best and Slaine the worst - the sculpted on stubble is really pronounced and as soon as paint touches it, he's got a beard. Cool screaming lance though.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

paulvonscott

Sorry to here the Slaine doesn't work painted, cos in my mind its the best darn figure of the lot!

I'd like to see them do all of the ABC Warriors, popular or not, and we could have one of the smaller Mek Quake Bodies I suppose in resin (NO!  Do the whole range of them)

I'd also like ro-jaws and howard quartz.  I couldn't afford a Charlie though.

Leigh S

and a changeable head for Hammerstein?

Leigh S

You've got the core of Hammerstein, BB, Joe, Deadlock and Mongrol, but the others are always a bit interchangeable:

1st Happy Shrapnel and the Mess

2nd Hitaki and "snout guy"

3rd Terri and Mekquake

4th Morrigun

5th Steelhorn

Leigh S

Personally, I'm making an army of 28mil scaleTeenymeks out of plastic beads and some tubing!  he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he

Mangamax

That's a point - release a Charlie and all the Terra Meks. They'd be, what?, 3 feet tall? Make em out of card like those Federation robots that came out when Phantom Menace was released and you COULD do it actually. Well, i'd buy them.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

paulvonscott

Charlie would make a good plastic model kit, which is how they could do some of the Judge H-Wagons etc.

Ah well, how many people are going to build a block in their gardens to scale?  OF course if their neighbour builds one, there could be trouble...

Wood

"Personally, I'm making an army of 28mil scaleTeenymeks out of plastic beads and some tubing! he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he"

Man, that's got to be fiddly.