Main Menu

Incoming!?!?!

Started by Dudley, 26 September, 2005, 05:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

I was thinling more of a metal edged hardback edition of the relevant sections, with a long rambling preface explaining how they did it all first and Dan Brown isn't very original...

and yes, then a signed sketch of Arseface buggering Dan Brown.

LARF

I really, really, really hate Dan Brown.

He's not original. He puts an American in Europe and treats Europe as though its some twee fantasy land, and every book he writes has dull predictable twists and parachuting Popes. Just daft.

You've read one you've read them all.

Art

He puts an American in Europe and treats Europe as though its some twee fantasy land

...and doesn't even give credit to Stan Lee!

ukdane

Terror Tale by Al Ewing ;-)
Cheers

-Daney

Byron Virgo

"Anyone remember the Jimi Henrix Purple Daze biography strip in Revolver? Gawd, that was dull..."

Wasn't that written by that unfathomable tosswit Charles Shaar-Murray?

As for Brendan McCarthy on Shimura - according to McCarthy, that isn't happening now.

The Amstor Computer

Byron --

I refer you to the wise words of the Trout:

"But-but-but wasn't it written by a satchel-faced music journo?"

;-)

Byron Virgo

But his name was Charles Shaar-Murray. Twat.

GermanAndy

"11 years after it was first published"

Has this been really that long? O my god.

I remember bying it because it sounded interesting. It was dull beyond belief and the artwork disappointing. For the life of me I can?t remember the plot except something about a horse and Da Vinci - or was it Michelangelo - lusting about some streetkid. Or something.

On second thought I want my 25 bucks back.

Trout

What's a tosswit?

It doesn't sound good.

Byron Virgo

Tosswit (noun): a person of little or no mental faculties; a talentless personage of self-deluding greatness; a former NME 'journalist'.http://shotbybothsides.com/nme2_250278.jpg">

Bad Andy

No no no. Not more Bogie man please.

Funt Solo

re. The Bogie Man

When the concept of The Bogie Man, plus a couple of scenes, was described to an audience of middle-aged non-comic readers at Moniaive, there was much mirth amongst the crowd.

The trouble is, do any of them read the Megazine?  The Squaxx I could see nearby just sat in stony silence.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a massively lesbian gymkhana.

Dudley

So... just two original series on the horizon then?

longmanshort

Anyone remember the Jimi Henrix Purple Daze biography strip in Revolver? Gawd, that was dull...

Just read part of that - "inspired by the work of Jimi Hendrix" my arse! More like "inspired by the wall posters in my mate's student digs during one too many nights on the hash..."
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++