Main Menu

Downloading the odd episode of a TV show

Started by Tiplodocus, 12 October, 2005, 05:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I discourage the kids from downloading whole albums worth of music (after the tragic "Kid Rock starves to death: Napster to blame!" incident) but Teenage Tips would like to catch up with some early episodes of FAMILY GUY.

So what's the best way of downloading the odd episode of a telly programme?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Rob Spalding

Bittorrent is the way of the moment.
You need a program that can downlad torrents, then you need a site to get the torrents from.
Won't post detailed info as it's easy enough with a quick google search to get what you need ;)

opaque

Unless it's the new episodes just buy the dvd's, much easier.

Tiplodocus

Most of the telly I watch these days is via DVD box sets (currently enjoying Battlestar Galactica, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld) but in this case he's only after the odd episode so I don't really want to shell out.

I'll try Bittorrent and see how I get on.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Disco Drunk

Friend of mine uses Limewire and gets episodes of Lost season 2 and Family Guy season 4 with perfect picture quality. As a result, I know what's in the hatch (or is Channel 4 far enough into it that you know about the hatch?)

WoD

E4 last wednesday featured the hatch.

Marbles

Battlestar Galactica Season 2 just finished in the US & in the Marbles Mansion thanks to emule :)

Also The O.C. Season 3 is up to episode 4 & Desperate Housewives Season 2 is on episode 3....
Remember - dry hair is for squids

longmanshort

The video box sets of the first three seasons are available in Music Zone for a fiver each ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Adrian Bamforth

Friend of mine was raving about the Family Guy "Take On Me" video pastiche, don't suppose anyone's seen that clip online?

ADE

Adrian Bamforth

Just found it here.

Can I just say I always thought it would be an Abnett-worthy pun to set an episode of Sinister Dexter in "Horton Market" down in the Norwegian district of town.

ADE

Link: http://www.driko.org/2005/07/family-guy-take-on-me-video.html" target="_blank">Family Guy AHA!