Main Menu

New Poll: What character/strip do you want to see next in the monthly art competition?

Started by 2000AD Online, 21 July, 2006, 01:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

What character/strip do you want to see next in the monthly art competition?

Link: Click to vote

The Amstor Computer

BUMP!

Just to remind everyone this poll is still running. We've got 32 votes so far:

Nemesis the Warlock - 14 votes
Zenith - 8 votes
Ant Wars - 4 votes
Low Life - 3 votes
Black Siddha - 3 votes

So far it looks like Nemesis is on track to be August's choice, though Zenith isn't too far behind. Nemesis has plenty of weirdness in there for artists to sink their teeth into, from the lead himself through Torquemada & his Terminators, the Gothic Empire and the Alien Pit, but there's lots to choose from in the other strips.

Anyway, keep voting & we'll see what comes out on top next Friday.

The Amstor Computer

Another little reminder that we've got 4 days left to vote for the next comp. Just 41 votes so far - it would be nice to see a few more people giving their tuppenceworth on this, whether they take part in the art side of things or not.

The Warlock's still leading by a mile, with Zenith tailing along in second place. No love for big bugs, Indian heroes or scummy Judges, though!

Nemesis the Warlock - 19 votes
Zenith - 10 votes
Ant Wars - 4 votes
Low Life - 4 votes
Black Siddha - 4 votes

Floyd-the-k

The Amstor Computer

I'll pop it on the list for the following month, Floyd - I've already got a few in mind for that...

Anyway, 45 votes in & the tally looks like this:

Nemesis the Warlock - 21   
Zenith - 11   
Ant Wars - 6   
Black Siddha - 4   
Low Life - 3

It looks like Nemesis is going to be August's pick, but there are still two days for boarders to vote.    

Bolt-01

In Aug (and subsequent months) will we get two weeks to draw something, then two weeks to vote?

Reason being I've not got time to draw any more,  which is a shame as I've just had an idea that would look nice but I won't have time to do it.

Bolt-01

James

Bolt-01

Ah, James, that is a grand offer but I'm going to sneaky do it at work. Hope to get it finished in time now.

Bolt-01

The Amstor Computer

Bolt -

Whatever works best. I think a longer period would be better, as it gives people who want to take part but have other commitments a bit more time to fit it in.

If two weeks drawing time then two weeks voting sounds good to everyone, then we'll go with that.

Bolt-01

Well, it isn't my comp, so I'll go with whatever anyone else wants.

Bolt-01, glad it is a quiet day at work,

James

So, are we going with Nemesis next? I'm gonna make a start if so.

The Amstor Computer

James -

Voting will close at midnight, but it's pretty clear Nemesis is the winner. I've still got to organise prizes for the August comp, though. Third prize will be a TPB to the value of ?15 again, and I've got an idea for second place that I hope I can pull off, but first is stumping me.

Any suggestions/donations are welcome!