Main Menu

Sin/Dex Help Required

Started by thinky, 08 January, 2007, 01:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinky

despite thinking that sin/dex was the biggest load of shite for a long time, i did get into the story over the last couple of years and hold my hand up to admit that i'm looking forward to the 'Moses War' storyline (or possible 'The War of the Moses' as dabnett cheerily admitted to pinching from someone on the board)

anyway, what i'm looking for is the definitive list of back-stories to read to be primed and ready for the onslaught that will be 20% of each prog in the near future when the epic takes place.

I know sin/dex has been in the prog for ages, but i'm also acutely aware that there's been tons and tons of filler, so the key points and characters would be very helpful (for instance i'm still not shocked about the appelido clone thing as it means nothing to me)

thanks in advance

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Radbacker

I cant believe no ones helped you there Thinky so I'll try.  Will try to avoid spoilers and my Prog Numbers are a bit shakey.
first I would like to say I had no Idea Finnigans middle name was Repunzel.
 - They first appeared in Prog 981(I think they may of been in a Winter/Summer special the same year but not sure.) Starts with a bunch of One offs followed by a couple of 2 parters, introduces some of the cast and show the world and the GunShark Code.
 - Moses was the Original kingpin of Download and Sin/Dex used to be his enforcers although they did take jobs on the side resulting in them being contracted to wack moses which they did.
 - they then started working for Demi Octavo the new Queen Pin of Download, they like her and her kid sister so they work exclusivly for her.
 - She gets wacked by out of town interests(working with Download Vice squad) so the Guys chase down the bad guys and do em over getting revenge for Demi.
 - it then floats for a while with seemingly unconnected stories befor Abnett stared laying ground work for whats happening now.
 - Turns out Apedillo one of the new players in town is actually a fast grown Clone of the boys original boss(Moses) which led to all the recent who har.
 - in some seemingly unrelated Sin/Dex stories the boys chase off some ghosts in a house for their new boss(Apedillo) but it turns iout the "Ghosts are actually people from another Download(in another dimension)" using Djump tech to find out whats out there.
 - Moses from the other dimension has now come throught o our side(calling himself the Mover) and wants to expand his criminal empire into Din/Dex's dimension hence leading into the War of the Moses.

there's alot I've missed and some may be out of sequence but I'm sure others will jump in a correct it.
Sin/Dex really swing from cool to Meh for me but it is picking up again now and I cant wait to see how Dabnett wraps all this up.

CU Radbacker

thinky

cheers radbacker... i was feeling all left out then ;)

thinky

,Mr. Nice

Well on a subtle but important point, the boys were never directly "enforcers" for Moses, although he did employ them from time to time. This of course was his mistake, as a matter of honour they had to take the job to whack him. Demi wisely saw the flaw in this and so employed them "full time" as it were, so they wouldn't take a job to whack her since they were already employed by the toby as it were ;).

ps: Toby=TO Be whacked, the target of a job.

Cthulouis

On a related note, did we ever find out what was on that disc Kal Kutter ended up with? I remember that it was something to do with the Mover, but was there more to it than that?

DavidXBrunt

It was the records from the gene lab that created him proving the source of the base cells were Moses Tanenbaum.

I was convinced I'd come up with the tile War of the moses but a quick search indicates that Odders came up with it before me. Don't know if I read that message or not but hey ho.

Cthulouis

::It was the records from the gene lab that created him proving the source of the base cells were Moses Tanenbaum.

Cool, cheers for that.

Jared Katooie

I'd reccommend Eurocrash and most of the Downlode Tales that followed it if you get a chance to read them. I'm no Sin/Dex fan but - in my opinion - those were their best stories. Everything else has been pure blandsville baby...

,Mr. Nice

The problem with leaping straight in with Eurocrash is that you have no background on Demi though, not to mention Rocky and Weld for the aftermath stuff.

Floyd-the-k

the upside is that Demi isn`t much of a character. The winter special is available here in the `read online` part of their profile.  the early stuff is all fun, for mine...

thinky

thanks everyone

i've been looking at the sin/dex index http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&choice=sinister&Comic=2000AD'; target=_new>here and it's pretty daunting amount of stuff to get through

looks like i'm starting at the beginning (hoping my brain doesn't turn to mush)

later, thinky

thinky

Cthulouis

Okay, this might be seen as a little off topic, but while we're on the subject of old sin dex...

The first Sin Dex story I read was Tax Returs.

Had Tax already appeared in a previous story, or was he a new character with a back story specifically designed to allow the pun?