Main Menu

Tranformers Demo Game

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 11 August, 2007, 12:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I just been looking and playing the Tranformers demo game.

Based on the movie.

It's not too bad, although it could be better.

Just abit of big, stompy robot fun.

Anyway, download this demo and decide for your-selves.

Link: http://files.filefront.com/Transformers+The+Game+Demo/;8181738;/fileinfo.html" target="_blank">What if this was A.B.C. Warriors.

http://blogs.cars.com/photos/uncategorized/bumblebee2.jpg">

Bico

It's more fun to play as the Decepticons, as you get to wipe out American air bases in Qatar - I suspect the developers are going for the elusive middle-eastern buck, there - and generally not have to worry about being penalised for shooting cops out of the air when you're trying to stalk and murder Shia LeBouf - I suspect the developers are trying to attract the elusive buck of anyone who actually watched the movie and came away wondering why they didn't just cast the real Mathew Broderick and be done with the pretence.
The movie continues the grand tradition of having the black guy copping it, and the game goes even further by having it be integral to the plot that Jazz be chased by cops when he appears in a white neighborhood at night.  Not even making it up - "you couldn't!", etcetera...
The game's good fun, if very brief, and there's a cheat that lets you play as the original Megatron or Optimus from the 1980s cartoon show.

TordelBack

Yes, well thanks for putting the spoilers for the film which I haven't seen yet in the Games section...

Keef Monkey

Yeah, glad I've seen the movie! As for the game I was tempted but the reviews have been terrible. If a demo comes up on xbox live I'll give it a shot though.

IndigoPrime

I always find the Jazz = black comment utterly laughable. He's a ROBOT! Jeez.

Bico

He's also the only robot voiced by a black actor, and seems to be the one who speaks in ebonics and breakdances constantly.

Not that there's any connection between these elements, it's probably all a coincidence.

Woolly

"I always find the Jazz = black comment utterly laughable. He's a ROBOT! Jeez."

Kinda like Panthro from Thundercats.
Black, yet.. not black!

JOE SOAP

ThryllSeekyr

In the game you are Bumble Bee.

You can sort of damage the terrain in this game.

You can rip trees and lamp posts out of the ground and throw them or you can just knock them over.

There's whole bunch of things that can be picked up thrown. As Bumble Bee is found standing near a Base ball Park on the outskirts of a town somewhere in America.

I particuly enjoyed going through parking lot of the Police HQ and throwing every single single cop car into the surrounding parts of the town.

Though as a Autobot. You aren't supposed to wantonly go round destroying stuff. Not even by accident. As messages are flashed  up on the screen penalising you. You can earn Heroism points to unlock new skills. Which you can also lose when you are penalised for breaking stuff.

Which is a shame as the throwing of stuff is one of the best parts of this free roaming demo.

Apart from scaling the sides of small buildings and running jumping from roof top to roof top!

I have only got as far as the end of the first chapter. As Bumble Bee has to search and destroy all the Decepticons before they destroy too much of the countryside.

One thing I took note when the introdutory movie is played is when thow how the Autobots and perhaps spome of the Decepticons choose their the look and appaerance in their alternative mode.

And it's instaneous as Bumblebee suddenly sprout yellow car parts out of thin air over his previously alien looking robot frame. After scanning a similer mode of transport in a backwoods car park.

I had always imagined that a Autobot
engineer/doctor would be operating on all the Autobots that need this done to them in the nearest garge. Retro fitting terran car/truck/jet/helicopter/tank part to their bodies. Though I Have never watched the cartoon that closely.

As for the movie. I haven't seen it yet.

Though some of the previously hidden plot devices are revealed in the game demo. I read up on the film in the wikipedia.

Hugo weving did the voice for Megatron. Though the guy who did voice form a later part of the cartoon series was considered. They decided to go with Hugo's menacing voice speak. Apparently the guy from the cartoon series who had taken over from Lenard Nimoy's voice work in the cartoon didn't have the right sound for the live action film.

Though I can't imagine that being the case for Lenard Nimoy.

Not that I have a problem with Hugo Weaving. I wonder if he adopted his Mr Smith vocalisations for Megatron and facial expressions which I can't even see through the metal.

I still haven't see this movie, yet.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_%28film%29" target="_blank">Don't read this if you haven't seen the film

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/66/Transformers07.jpg/404px-Transformers07.jpg">

Radbacker

this game is pretty poo poo, couldn't stop myself falling asleep.  Its got nice open environements but crap combat and controls, just what you'd expect from a liscenced game.
The whole Transformers is racist arguement is just a joke or pathetic lame attempt to bag something succesful as always happens, next they'll be telling us 300 is anti Islamic :).

CU Radbacker

Radbacker

The Transformers Robots in Disgues game from Melbourne House a couple of years ago(its on the PS2) is certainly worth picking up, very nice Graphics(some of the best ever on the PS2) for its time and that magic ingredient missing from the new game "Playablitity".  Played through the bugger and then went through it again to pick up all the Mini-cons.

CU Radbacker

ThryllSeekyr

I recall playing that demo for that game also, a few years back when it was on display in the stores. Not a bad game, but I still think thsi one here is better by comparison.

Sure, like with any computer game, there is element of difficulty cpontrolling a car with the assistance of arrow keys. Just doesn't work for me.

There is also that habit for many games these days of leaving what has become known as floaters. Some sort of phatsmic object that hangs in mid air. When run over or merely touched, they are added to your inventory, or a power-up, and that  just give you a bonus or unlock hidden content when you collect enough of these.

In games that are becoming increasingly visually realistic. This aspect always seems to spoil all that hard work put into the game enviroment and details.

You would think that by now they would come up with the more visaulley satisfying 'things' that would fit in with the genre of the fantacy world that the game is based on.