Main Menu

Meg 266 - Forces of Law and Disorder

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 December, 2007, 09:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

It's a judge-ninja, you crusty, cantankerous old bastards!  That's cool!  You remember cool, right?  It's something you used to like when you were a teenager.  
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Hoagy

HIIIIYAAAH!!!http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/BruceLeecard.jpg">
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

vzzbux

Blitzed the meg.

I am out of sorts with Armitage. Since when did Steel have a Kid and was married to a woman. I have got a gap of about 200 issues though.

Long walk ninja judge? Could be interesting.

I am thankful for the Complete PJ Maybe for keeping me up to date with this character, all but the Mayor bit, still fully enjoyed. I kind of miss the scheming, murdering little snot of old but even in fiction you have to grow old (unless your name is Dennis The Menace).

Will read the rest at a later date.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Bolt-01

One thing I really liked about this issue was the tweak to the text pages. The slight re-design works really well to my eyes. I also liked that the Dredd files is now a story per page. Nice work design droids!

Bolt-01

wadew1

Aside from RoboHunter, what will Grant be writing for the Megazine/2000ad this year? I'd like to see more MIDDENFACE.

The Adventurer

I think Anderson will be back, if the last page of the latest outing is any indication.

Honestly, over all, I want to see more Simping Detective, Cursed Earth Koburn, and Devlin Waugh.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Shakara

Good issue - Simon Fraser remains my favourite artist of all time, Armitage was rather shockingly dull and Bob the Galactic Bum was slightly bewildering. The Beowulf review was spot on, Tempest looks quite promising as well.

Steve Green

Steel's kid is a new one to me, but her partner has been in it for a while.

I seem to recall it being unclear whether Terry was male or female for a while, although I'm not sure whether that was intentional or not.

- Steve

Ochs

I really enjoyed this Meg. I've found it difficult to be bothered with reading it over the last few months but all of the stories here were great.

I don't mind the film reviews either but when there are other film articles as well as has been the case over the last couple of months it's a bit too much.

All of the text articles were good and relevent too. This has come just in time to persuade me that the Meg is worth sticking with and if it stays this way I for one will be renewing my subscription when the time comes.
Fear leads to doubt which leads to the worst case scenario.

Trout

A much-improved Meg!

I really enjoyed the Dredd and Tempest, and the Alan Grant interview was top stuff. I expect I'll be passing it round various employees of a certain Dundee company, for their entertainment.

I wasn't desperately keen on Armitage yet, but it's early days.

- Trout

Funt Solo

I love the bit about the guy in all his fishing gear  complaining about other people's dress sense.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.