Main Menu

Durham Red Tattoo

Started by Scottiepunk, 26 October, 2008, 09:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

QuoteXeno's Paradox
Cor! I just googled it. You can learn something new every day.
STRIKE !!!

SmallBlueThing

Talking of tats we'd like to get. I've long had the desire to get my back and shoulder done with a bit of sweeping Mike McMahon Slainery. One of those lovely first pages of Sky Chariots would look lovely back there, complete with caption boxes and speech bubbles.

Either that, or a series of interlocking panels, commemorating all the stand-out (for me) bits of comics I've enjoyed- in a jigsaw effect that can build up over time. The obvious prog bits ("Gaze into the fist of Dredd", etc), but also a bit of Spidey ("Face it tiger..."), and whatnot.

However, I've never met a tattooist that I trust to get it right. And I refuse to end up looking like someone scribbled on me for a bet. I search onwards...

Steev

Mardroid

Quote from: "SpookyTheCat"Talking of tats we'd like to get. I've long had the desire to get my back and shoulder done with a bit of sweeping Mike McMahon Slainery. One of those lovely first pages of Sky Chariots would look lovely back there,

The irony is, you wouldn't be able to see it!

(I have a silly vision in my head of a my dog chasing his tail. Funny thing is, his tail was quite long, but he'd continue to run around like a strange canine donut.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: "Mardroid"
Quote from: "SpookyTheCat"Talking of tats we'd like to get. I've long had the desire to get my back and shoulder done with a bit of sweeping Mike McMahon Slainery. One of those lovely first pages of Sky Chariots would look lovely back there,

The irony is, you wouldn't be able to see it!

(I have a silly vision in my head of a my dog chasing his tail. Funny thing is, his tail was quite long, but he'd continue to run around like a strange canine donut.

On my planet, we've invented mirrors!

Steev :-)

TordelBack

QuoteOn my planet, we've invented mirrors!

Yeeeeesss, but isn't looking at a tat of a McMahon page in a mirror much the same as (say) looking at a McMahon page on your wall (transformations aside)?  Seems like a poster in your bathroom might be the simpler option!

COMMANDO FORCES

You could always staple a page to your back and when you get bored with it change it for another  ;)

Mardroid

Quote from: "SpookyTheCat"On my planet, we've invented mirrors!

Steev :-)

Mi- wha?

Heh. Yeah I was just kidding.

Could still get a crink in your neck reading the small print though.

Oh, and have that tatooist write all the text on backwards....

Nah, I'm just pulling your leg.

Mardroid

Quote from: "COMMANDO FORCES"You could always staple a page to your back and when you get bored with it change it for another  ;)

vzzbux

On the subject of pain, anyone who says it doesn't hurt 'LIE', but it is not as bad as you imagine.
I had a little tattoo of a spider on the top of my foot just to see how much it would hurt and yes it did alot.
But watch out it can be like an addiction getting a tattoo. Mine are too numerous to mention but I don't regret a single one.

And like Tanky says:-
'The difference between people with tattoos and people without? People with tattoos don't care if you don't have any.'

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Bouwel

I would rate the pain as being similar to having someone carve into you with a vibrating scalpel blade. But you're right, you get one then you want more and more! I believe they call it making a 'book'.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

johnnystress

or a comic book , as in this guys case