Main Menu

Season ticket for Empire/UCI cinema

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 23 June, 2009, 07:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

After noticing Buttonman claiming to have a Season Ticket for his local cinema, I have a couple of questions that need answering:
1) How do I get them online?
2) How do the staff know which movie I want to see?
3) How do I go about seeing which movie?
4) How long do they last?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Bouwel

Best bet is to give the cinema you want to go to a ring.

Hope this helps.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Buttonman

I actually gave mine up this year as I no longer work in the town and the ass holes who populate the day time showings were trying my patience.

I don't think you can buy them online as they want to check your docs and take a photo. They give you a temporary card initially and you get the full one after a week or so. What you have to do is go up to the counter and say ' one for transformers' or whatever you fancy and they give you a ticket. This can be a pain when there is a big queue but you have to do it so they know how many seats they have left to sell. You could theoretically go from film to film once you are in but quite often there is a man on the door of each level. You can buy a ticket online and claim it from a machine but this costs 75p booking fee and the machines are always out of order.

It's a good deal if you see more than 4 films a month but beware I was at shit like 'Date Movie' and 'St Trinians' to get my average up.

In short a good deal if you get the use out of it - I saw 145 one year - but otherwise you have to consider the drawbacks such as eating a half tonne of pic and mix a year - still got fizzy cherry withdrawal symptoms!

Batman's Superior Cousin

Thank you ButtonBloke, will think about it for a while!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Peter Wolf

That definately is a drawback.The Pick n Mix i mean.

I always used to have my own munchies from elsewhere to eat when watching a film and never ate the rubbish they sell in there.

Another drawback is the standard of fare on offer from Hollywood.

I havent actually set foot in a cinema since Cloverfield because i have developed an aversion to going to the cinema.Not really sure why either.I only remember the odd idiot nuisance when watching a film .Easily dealt with by telling them quietly to STFU or else.They always did as well without talking back.I find that people are always a lot more compliant if they know that you mean business.

I cant imagine why anyone would want one of these unless they are easily pleased and willing to watch anything.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death