Main Menu

Lenny Zero and the Perps of Mega City One

Started by bluemeanie, 02 February, 2011, 03:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Managed to score a copy of this US alternative to Mega City Undercover
Posted a review here if anyone is deciding whether to try and get a copy imported

http://2000ad.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/review-lenny-zero-and-the-perps-of-mega-city-one/

uncle fester

I absolutely adored Mega City Undercover. Some of the pages jump out and slap you about the face. Essential purchase if anyone is deliberating about buying it.

This just makes me want to go and dig out all the other stuff it contains.

Beeks

Quote from: uncle fester on 02 February, 2011, 03:16:51 PM
I absolutely adored Mega City Undercover. 

Likewise...I think Zero is possibly my fave 'new school' character to be honest...brilliant strip
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Pioneer

And there's me thinking this was going to be MCU 2!

Anyone have any idea when we can expect that?

radiator

MCU 2 seems to have been canceled - I think they are prioritising Lowlife now, so perhaps that is getting it's own series of trades - I know they are launching a Lowlife series for the US books line.

Kerrin

I'd love to see more Lenny Zero. Jock posted some character design sketches he did for an idea called "Zero's Seven" a while back which looked ace.

Come on Greenbonce, sort it out.

Colin YNWA

Hmmm tempting . I always wanted the Lenny Zero stuff but struggled to justify the purchase with having so much of the other content already in the Mega City Undercover, but this one having the Bato Loco strips in as well....

Can I be cheeky and ask approximately what the page count is for these two?

bluemeanie

What, the whole trade? Lenny Zero is down as 160 pages on amazon.com.
If you wanted page counts on individual strips I could check when I get home

Colin YNWA

Sorry yeah I meant a ballpark figure for the Lenny Zero strips and the Bato Loco stuff. Just an estimate is very cool. Over or under 50%?

bluemeanie

ok... thumbs at the ready...from the back...

sketches 6 pages
mixed stuff 27 pages
bato loco 35 pages
slick dickens 36 pages
lenny zero 50 pages

Colin YNWA

Nice one. Thanks very much for that. Looks like that's the trade for me. To the Book Depository...

O Lucky Stevie!

Diamond shipped this puppy to Auxtralia this week. Cover design looks dead sexy
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"