Prog 1656: Morked For Death

Started by James Stacey, 30 September, 2009, 01:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

Quote from: Kerrin on October 09, 2009, 07:45:44 AM
Quote from: Krombasher on October 09, 2009, 04:06:07 AM
Quote from: Van Dom on October 08, 2009, 09:26:37 PM
Quote from: Kerrin on October 08, 2009, 09:12:32 PM
Shakararara - Should a woman, who's been sewn together out of bits, really have any business being that bodacious?

Oh thank God its not just me! I found myself extremely aroused by Eva Procopio in this weeks installment.... I had naughty thoughts I must admit.... Never been turned on by a comic book freakazoid alien before but first time for everything I suppose.....

Its a real case of mantelpiece/fireplace technicality from Messrs Henry Flint Robbie Morrison. In the thinking of, the brief, surrounding her character design as something like; "The ultimate version of the phrase,'Nice rack, shame about the face...'"

Or "B.O.B.F.O.C", Body Off Baywatch, Face Off Crimewatch.

Or BOBFOTCM  - Body Off Baywatch, Face Off Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Not easy to pronounce but they are out there.

Just to get this back into the intellectual property,Eva is obviously Shakara's love interest, and therefore challenges our tiny human minds about beauty being in the eye of the beholder. It is the idea of what Shakara is going to find attractive. To a certain extent.
The fullness of her figure, juxtaposed with her "self, re-creation" on her mind and her "reaching" faculties reflect his desire for a new beginning, beyond this cold present. She reminds him of what is fundamentally wrong with his mission IMO.

And Cinnibar is the truth of it. Meandering suppositions, all of it, you understand. But I couldn't just leave in the realm of, " I wouldn't touch 'er with yours.." because that would be sexist. [Insert Alpen bar here]
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

House of Usher

Quote from: Krombasher on 13 October, 2009, 09:28:09 AM
[Insert Alpen bar here]

That conjures up quite an unwelcome mental image! Any sentence that ends "...with an Alpen bar" is not to be trusted, IMO.
:-\
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Quote from: House of Usher on 13 October, 2009, 10:15:47 AM
Quote from: Krombasher on 13 October, 2009, 09:28:09 AM
[Insert Alpen bar here]

That conjures up quite an unwelcome mental image! Any sentence that ends "...with an Alpen bar" is not to be trusted, IMO.
:-\
You know how good it is.....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Colm

Looks like I'm going to need a quick Rico history lesson.  I'm assuming he's not the "he ain't heavy, he's my brother" Rico. 

Can anyone please tell me what progs should I read to get up to speed?

radiator

Rico II first appeared (as a baby) in the story Dredd Angel (progs 377 to 383).

His first proper appearence was in the story Blood Cadet (progs 1186 to 1188), where he revealed that he was actually a direct clone of Dredd, rather than Fargo, as was previously suggested. Originally called simply Dredd (no first name), the clone decided to take on the name of Rico to restore that name some honour. He has since been a semi-regular supporting character, forging a familial relationship (of sorts) with Dredd, with whom he also shares a vaguely-defined psychic link.

Dredd Angel is reprinted in The Complete Case Files 8, while Blood Cadet and other related tales such as Sector House and Brothers of the Blood appear in the Brothers of the Blood colection - both come highly recommended.

Mike Gloady

Brothers of the Blood is one of the best collections I read following my decade of unfaithfulness and was instrumental in my return to the prog.  Brilliant.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Proudhuff

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 15 October, 2009, 03:22:59 PM
Brothers of the Blood is one of the best collections I read following my decade of unfaithfulness and was instrumental in my return to the prog.  Brilliant.

appart from the Brit-cit bit at the end, I'd rip that out if I could.
DDT did a job on me

pauljholden

I got so enthused talking about the City of the Damned (a story I hadn't read in years) while at BICS that I went and bought The Case Files Book 8 (the only case files I've bought, but it wont be the last...).

F**k me, City of the Damned is INCREDIBLE. And, I was pleasently surprised to find Rico makes his first appearance in Case Files 08 too.

-pj

Colm

Cheers Radiator.  Will get myself a copy of Brothers of the Blood.  Really enjoyed the appearance of Rico in the interlude tale - I like his bolshie attitude. He's Dredd but gobbier.   

Proudhuff

Quote from: Colm on 15 October, 2009, 03:57:47 PM
He's Dredd but gobbier.   

haha! my new signature if you don't mind?
DDT did a job on me

Colm

Quote from: Proudhuff on 15 October, 2009, 04:26:10 PM

haha! my new signature if you don't mind?

Given your superior War Robot status, it would rude of me to refuse.  Go for it.

TordelBack

QuoteHe's Dredd but gobbier.   

Don't forget that it's a bionic gob to boot!