Main Menu

The Road trailer

Started by the shutdown man, 14 May, 2009, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 January, 2010, 02:08:35 AM
What the deal with your forum picture, Jaysus.

I thought the moving eyes were always better.

Oi, I'm the only dude with moving eyes round these parts!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 January, 2010, 02:08:35 AM
What the deal with your forum picture, Jaysus.

I thought the moving eyes were always better.

Yep, this is the first forum picture I've had since the website was revamped a few years ago. But Horace was a very influential man in my formative years.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

johnnystress

has anyone expalained the significance of the missing thumbs?
Some of the gang members at the beginning had it and Guy Pearces character at the ned

I assume its some sort of punishment? But it seems a bit unlikely that such a thing would be universally adopted by a society- a gang I can imagine but...

was it mentioned in the book?

JayzusB.Christ

I noticed Mike had a dodgy thumb alright, hadn't noticed anyone else with it. I don't remember any mention of it in the book.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

the shutdown man

It's a while since I've read the book, but I believe it makes mention of communes, and the thief would have had his thumbs but off and been ejected from one as punishment for, y'know, being a thief.

This does cast a bit of doubt on Guy though, since I don't think the book mentioned anything about his thumbs, so maybe the film was suggesting that he was not quite the nice guy he appears to be.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

I, Cosh

Quote from: the shutdown man on 21 January, 2010, 10:12:13 PM
This does cast a bit of doubt on Guy though, since I don't think the book mentioned anything about his thumbs, so maybe the film was suggesting that he was not quite the nice guy he appears to be.
Or perhaps suggests that even in this devastated world, people can redeem themselves and make up for past mistakes. In other words, that Viggo's path of mistrust and isolation is the wrong one to take and that for anyone to survive their has to be trust between people.
We never really die.

the shutdown man

Hmmmm..... that could also work.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.