Main Menu

Judge Dredd figure conversion

Started by Rogue2099, 09 January, 2010, 07:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue2099

Ive come up with the design just have to make it.I bought the jd figure online its from the Legendary Heroes range but i dont really like it. Dredd has a holster on his back which isn't right and the legs look a bit odd and i also dont like the sholder eagle which i swapped for the pad on my anderson figure.

The parts
From the Legendary Heroes figure
head .collor .zip .chain .badge .belt .gloves .boots .knee pads .elbow pads .left sholder pad

From re-action judge anderson figure
sholder eagle

main body im going to use a Captain Marvel figure as i like the body shape

As its still really snowy and i cant get to work till next week it may be done quite soon keep you posted

TordelBack

Interesting!  I'm quite fond of Judge Dawsonn, but I'm intrigued to see how your Kree/Clone mashup goes.

pauljholden

I realise the colours are a mashup and you'll be correcting them, but for gods sake make the elbow pads green!

-pj

Rogue2099

A few evernings work and dredds all done. The two lawgivers that come with the figure were not up to standard so i've repainted the lawgiver that came with the re-action dredd which is much better.

Darren Stephens

Like it. The helmet...is that blue or black on the finished figure? Should be blue-er!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Rogue2099

A judge helmet has always been black the blue helmet is a tint variation some artists use for shadeing the judge helmet has always been black and of course white for a rookie

just check the termight replica

http://www.termight.co.uk/dreddhelmet.html

JOE SOAP

Ezquerra & Dredd say it's all black, there's no higher authority:

SuperSurfer

Well we know that Judges uniforms are black but artists tend to colour them blue due to some odd colouring convention in comics. Superman always had blue rinse hair and the Black Panther is blue. Always bugged me. I don't know if this started due to printing processes of the past not handling greys very well. I think that's the reason why Hulk was originally grey but was changed to green.

Anyways, I reckon the judges looks better in dark blue and that's what I'm sticking to for my amateur doodles.

uncle fester

I don't think there's ever been an outright definite either way. Ezquerra invented Dredd in a black and white age. But AFAIK he doesn't do his own colouring so who's to say?

SuperSurfer

Tharg did mention once in a Nerve Centre or in a response to a letter that "if you saw Dredd walking down the street his uniform would be black" or something like that. But of course, that's not cast in rockcrete.

SuperSurfer

As for McMahon – he's still colouring Dredd with a silver badge. Now that can't be allowed. Hell, I wouldn't allow even a silver chain or zip.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: uncle fester on 14 January, 2010, 07:35:15 PM
I don't think there's ever been an outright definite either way. Ezquerra invented Dredd in a black and white age. But AFAIK he doesn't do his own colouring so who's to say?

Ezquerra has said so for years in his art.

He did all his own colours up to fairly recent times, (all through the 80's in annuals etc.) well enough for us to know he always coloured the uniform black.

Dredd looks too much like a cop in navy. A red & black helmet looks better than navy & black. I think I remember Carlos saying originally that he envisioned him looking like an executioner in black helmet etc.

Kev Levell

Most clothing you think is black is just really, really, really, really dark blue.

Rogue2099

W. R. Logan

I'll have to dig out my Dredd bible when I get back to Norfolk and see whatthe pantone colour for Dredd's uniform is.