Main Menu

Resurrected comics characters

Started by House of Usher, 15 July, 2010, 08:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 16 July, 2010, 10:43:32 AM
There's a wonderful scene on a Morrison JLA book (this is from memory so it's not quite right) where Green Arrow (or Batman, can't remember!) mentions that only Superman bothered to turn up to Metamorpho's funeral- no-one goes to them cause there's no point, they always come back to life anyway.

And of course he did, twice (kinda) which is a good job as he's one of my favourite characters.

radiator

The stupidest 'resurrection' I've heard about is Marvel bringing the X Men character Xorn back to life, which, if you've read Grant Morrison's New X Men, is beyond ridiculous.

[spoiler]The character of Xorn doesn't actually exist in the first place - he is merely a secret identity used by Magneto to infiltrate the X Men. The Xorn identity was very cleverly constructed by Magneto because his mutation and life story would appeal directly to Professor X and gain his trust.

But because he was a popular character some hack came up with some bullshit about Xorn being a real person and having an identical twin brother or some something. Unbelievable![/spoiler]

TordelBack

Quote from: radiator on 16 July, 2010, 11:09:57 AM
The stupidest 'resurrection' I've heard about is Marvel bringing the X Men character Xorn back to life, which, if you've read Grant Morrison's New X Men, is beyond ridiculous.

Actually, I remember it as being worse than that - [spoiler]when Magneto inevitably turned up alive, it was retrospectively explained that as part of the (off-screen) build-up  to her House of M insanity Magento's daughter Wanda (the Scarlet Witch)  apparently created random duplicates of her father, Xorn and presumably Xorn's twin brother Shen Xorn  being two[/spoiler].  In  other words, "a wizard did it".  While I never cared much for Morrison's X-men, that's just embarassingly stupid.  And this in the context of a character with an exploding sun for a brain.

Radbacker

ahh my mate just cant get over the end of Morrisons Xmen, I'd just started to get him into comics and then Morrison throws the whole [spoiler]It was me Magneto all along [/spoiler] card out there and it just destroyed him, the comic flew across the room and he's never read another X comic again. [spoiler]i must admit that he was really liking the Xorn character which i tried to tell him was the whole point so you felt betrayed when he was revieled to be Magneto but there was no consoling him[/spoiler]
The resurection of Xorn goes beyond retarded.

CU Radbacker

Roger Godpleton

Xorneto isn't even supposed to be the villain of Morrison's X-Men anyway.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!