Main Menu

2000ad's Circulation figures!

Started by EddieHitler, 17 July, 2010, 11:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Quote from: ming on 20 July, 2010, 10:37:40 AM
The answer came back, with 2000AD readers being labelled as 'undefinables'.

:lol:

That seems so typical of a lot of consultancy work I've had to deal with.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Dandontdare

I was once told that a business consultant is someone who borrows your watch and then charges you an arm and a leg to tell you what time it is.

But I like that classification - I'm a proud member of Tharg's Undefinables!

Aaron A Aardvark

What's he moaning about? It was the right answer, wasn't it?

House of Usher

Quote from: Aaron A Aardvark on 20 July, 2010, 01:08:48 PM
What's he moaning about? It was the right answer, wasn't it?

I think the gripe in question is with 2000ad's then-management and marketing people. The various then-editors just wanted to get on with putting out the best comic they could afford to publish and hoping people would buy it. In this they were hampered by the non-editorial side of the business wasting money on market research, consultancy, advertising and negotiating new distribution arrangements. This money could have been put to better use employing more office staff, commissioning material from writers and artists, and gimmicks like experimenting with improved paper quality, page count and free gifts.

I don't dispute the findings of the £15,000 consumer-profiling exercize though, but it's what anyone involved in producing the comic could have told them for nothing.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

I remember picking up half a pallet of 2000AD's every Tuesday night from the printers at Bicester, from what I gathered these were destined for all the South East. I wish I had actually read the manifest and seen how many copies were on the bloody thing  ::)
By the way, it wasn't a large pallet!