Main Menu

Official Movie Comic Adaptation - DREDD

Started by Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty), 09 September, 2010, 10:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Kriss (a very huge welcome Sir!)

I feel very humble, not only Carlos posting on this thread but Jock too.

So how do you both feel about how the movie is progressing as both of you have being involved Im guessing from the incept.

Is their a "good feel factor vibe" you think from what youve seen so far ?
Never rub another mans rhubarb

JayzusB.Christ

The two best Dredd artists by a mile, and a new Dredd movie that John Wagner likes. New sheets, please, Nurse.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Emperor

Quote from: jock on 10 September, 2010, 03:58:30 PM
my first job for DNA was adapting the script in comic form... somewhere between story boards and a strip. very rough style tho - not really publishable. but a 102 page comic of DREDD already exists!

It might not be something that they could put out for general consumption as a movie spin-off I think there is more than one or two people around here who would do unspeakable things to get their hands on a copy (and I'm not talking about the astonishing lengths CF would go to so he could have the original in the Cellar of Dredd). Perhaps when the film launches and the Megazine does a tie-in issue for the curious movie-goer to check out the world of Dredd, would it not be the ideal thing to have in an over-sized supplement??

Quote from: jock on 10 September, 2010, 03:58:30 PMand on a more important note - can we all just say a warm, warm welcome to Kriss77 - a few posts up there. as it's Carlos Ezquerra.

Using cunning misdirection by signing up a new account ;)

Carlos if you want the other account "Carloss" just let us know and an admin will help sort it out (it is usually a password/old email issue).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Emperor on 11 September, 2010, 02:21:45 AM

It might not be something that they could put out for general consumption as a movie spin-off I think there is more than one or two people around here who would do unspeakable things to get their hands on a copy (and I'm not talking about the astonishing lengths CF would go to so he could have the original in the Cellar of Dredd). Perhaps when the film launches and the Megazine does a tie-in issue for the curious movie-goer to check out the world of Dredd, would it not be the ideal thing to have in an over-sized supplement??

I'm sure there's more than enough people out there who would have an interest in it. The one thing I found with many film art books et al is that there was never enough in them. This sounds like a more unique prospect, an early version of the film as a comic, can't be many of those around.

jamesedwards

I think I've still got the first Dredd movie comic in my folk's loft with a bunch of old LOTFs - the linework's great, the colouring looks like a dog was sick on the linework and the plot's much harder edged. Good shit.

Carloss

Quote from: jock on 10 September, 2010, 03:58:30 PMand on a more important note - can we all just say a warm, warm welcome to Kriss77 - a few posts up there. as it's Carlos Ezquerra.

Using cunning misdirection by signing up a new account ;)

Carlos if you want the other account "Carloss" just let us know and an admin will help sort it out (it is usually a password/old email issue).
[/quote]

I  have it! the password must be writen on my hair  so after the chemo it dissapear...

Quote from: JudgeGumpty on 11 September, 2010, 01:07:47 AM
Kriss (a very huge welcome Sir!)

So how do you both feel about how the movie is progressing as both of you have being involved Im guessing from the incept.

Is their a "good feel factor vibe" you think from what youve seen so far ?

Like on the first one, I am not involved at all in this one, so my knowlewdge about the film is very similar to yours. It's John who is keeping me informed about it, so if he 's got good vibes me too...

Kerrin

Carlos, bienvenido al foro!

As you say, it's very reassuring that John is happy with the latest film version. Let us  hope that this continues all the way through to release. I think it will make a huge difference this time round that the people involved love and understand the character, and the world he operates in.

Woolly

Rog69

I remember picking up the movie adaptation in my local news agent and flicking through it to see Carlos's Dredd with his helmet off so I shakily put it back on the shelf in a state of shock :o.

I actually meant to go back and buy it after I saw the movie (I knew I wouldn't be able to resist reading it beforehand) but they were all gone when I went back  :'(.

(just to add to the fan boy worship)
Thanks for posting on here Carlos, I'm a huge fan of your work, you're my all time favourite comic artist, I'm looking up at a framed page of your art that's on the wall over my desk as I type this.

Teivion

I am honoured to have actually held Jock's DNA Comic Book adaption in my hot sweaty palms back in October '09 ;-)

and, God's honest truth, I didn't read it because I didn't want to spoil anything when I saw it in the cinema.
Looking back I don't know if that was sheer madness or hardcore will-power !!

Noisybast

A little from column A, a little from column B, I reckon...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

dweezil2

Carlos Ezquerra and Jock in one thread?

I don't think the interweb can contain such awesomeness!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

John Caliber

It was Carlos Ezquerra's adaptation of the movie that got me thinking about Judge Dredd again after eight years 'vacationing'. I think an advert for THE PIT surfaced in Comics International about the same time(?), again dominated by Ezquerra artwork. That alone was enough to set me on the trail of the latest prog.
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/