Main Menu

Calling all 2000AD creator types

Started by bluemeanie, 09 September, 2010, 01:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

So me and Flint do the 2000AD podcast and every couple of weeks we go through the progs taking the piss out of all your hard work.

As a result, we thought it only fair to allow you lot the chance to have a go back.

We've got a 6 page story in the next issue of Dogbreath. If any 2000AD staff or creators were up for it, please either contact me through the forum message thing or email on ecbt2000ad@yahoo.co.uk and I'll send you a copy of our bit as a cbr file or jpegs or whatever.

Then you could mail in a written thing, or send a quick audio file, or I could even nab you on skype. Not fishing for compliments here, happy for you to hate it if you can be a bit funny with it.... though John Smith is more than entitled to just post us some poo Tony Lee style.
Promise we'll play/read anything we get back

Again, this would only be our part from the issue as while its cool for us to hold ourselves up for a kicking, its not really fair on the other amateur creators who have put in a story.

pauljholden

I see you've cleverly set your email address up wrong to prevent anyone volunteering, well, to hell with you guys - count me in for a skype call...

-pj

Richmond Clements

It'd also be interesting to find out what you guys think of the strip too.
I dunno about you, but once I see something I've written in print, it's only then that I can see the glaring mistakes I've made...

Bolt-01

I suppose I'd better make sure it runs in the next issue as well, now...

uncle fester

...If you listen carefully you can hear knives being sharpened from all corners... :)

bluemeanie

Quote from: pauljholden on 09 September, 2010, 01:12:46 PM
I see you've cleverly set your email address up wrong to prevent anyone volunteering, well, to hell with you guys - count me in for a skype call...

-pj

Crap! You're right as well...

Its ecbt2000ad@yahoo.co.uk

If any mods read this would you please mind amending my first post as I dont think I can.

I dont have to be clever, Im pretty goddamnit!!   :-X

bluemeanie

And cheers PJ, just emailed the pages over now.
We expect a Declan Shalvey level rant   :D

Richmond Clements

QuoteIf any mods read this would you please mind amending my first post as I dont think I can.

There you go!

bluemeanie

Quote from: uncle fester on 09 September, 2010, 01:31:18 PM
...If you listen carefully you can hear knives being sharpened from all corners... :)

Thats where you are lucky.
You hear anything bad about the Dark Judges one you can just think "Ah, well they're OBVIOUSLY just having a go at that Welsh f*cker because he made a joke about bird shit on a characters head" ... or something

uncle fester

Quote from: bluemeanie on 09 September, 2010, 02:02:40 PM
Thats where you are lucky.
You hear anything bad about the Dark Judges one you can just think "Ah, well they're OBVIOUSLY just having a go at that Welsh f*cker because he made a joke about bird shit on a characters head" ... or something

Yup, pretty much! :)

bluemeanie

Oh, I should also have mentioned.....

The plan is to do the same as we did after the Bristol Con which is to do a podcast where we just look at the Zarjaz and Dogbreath that gets released at Birmingham. So if anyone was up for this, we wouldnt need anything back from ya till middle of October at the earliest.