Main Menu

Hello there,just joined,used to read JD,SD,RT,ABC..now lookin for Durham Red art

Started by Disgruntled Reaper, 28 September, 2010, 12:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disgruntled Reaper

Greetings from California,USA!

I am joining here in the hope of finding some original pieces of artwork from the later Durham Red series like Vermin Stars, Scarlet Cantos,etc and some other pieces that interest me.

I have seen the art listed under Mr Wakefield as available and hopefully a couple pieces I am interested in are still available.

I look forward to checking in once in a while to see what is going on.

Of course my biggest issue would be shipping items to me without them getting damaged.

Bill

If anyone reads this and can lead me to some links,places or other leads on Durham Red artwork for sale please do let me know via pm,email.

Emperor

Welcome on board, Wake is around here and so are some other knowledgeable folks.

Apart from the work on the site Wake looks after (and I don't know if that is updated to reflect currently availability) all I know about is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DURHAM-RED-Cool-2000AD-Cover-Painting-Mark-Harrison-/200405340710

However, it is earlier than the ones you are looking for but then again wasn't some (all?) of that later work digital?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Disgruntled Reaper

Hey 'Emp' thanks for the 'welcome aboard' . Regarding the laterartwork like I am trying to find out about, I have no idea if it was all digital, thought a bunch of it was still initially done on paper with a transfer to digital later for finishing-?

If it is then i will change gears and try to get some earlier pieces that may still be available.....there are a couple I am looking at but naturally have to do the dollar sign juggle.... ::) :'( ;)

Colin YNWA

Welcome on board and have fun. Can't help with the art hunt but good luck with it.

Disgruntled Reaper

Thank's for the lead..I marked like 3 possible pieces I am interested in and sent off the contact to Wakefield and will see what comes back..I saw that all 3(!) were marked as 'reserved'-for me I guess so I guess they are available. Waiting on shipping costs /issues. I guess I may have to really do some hard cash scraping together.!

I now remember I DID see some artwork from like empty suns that was available and was in color.....since seeing the penciled pieces jogged my memory.

Hey seein you wear a JD helmet reminded me of the 'Law Giver Set' of ltd ed props that I used to have from the 1995 movie..sold the set off,kind of wish I didnt...