Main Menu

jonathan woss

Started by moly, 03 December, 2002, 01:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

'And I remember the original FP in Denmark Street, just off Charing Cross Road.'

And your starter for ten is: name the nine people / characters featured on the FP2 carrier bag, artwork courtesy of Mr. Bolland.

Can't remember? Then give 'em a call on 01 379 6042. Or, better still, pay 'em a visit at Forbidden Planet 2, 'the cinema television, and rock shop', 58, St. Giles Hight Street, LONDON WC2.

Mangamax

You used to be able to get T-Shirts with the bag designs on them too.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

damnandblast

"...from the scud mag section..."

Is mine the only mind currently hosting an image comprising Saddam, Rimsky-Korsakov, soft lighting and Kleenex?

Nigel

Trout

Yes, Nigel. Yes, it is.

- Trout

Mk13

"Is mine the only mind currently hosting an image comprising Saddam, Rimsky-Korsakov, soft lighting and Kleenex?"

Well if I'd said 'jazz mags' you'd only have been thinking of Louis Armstrong in bondage gear...

damnandblast

"Well if I'd said 'jazz mags'... "

Mmmm.... Cleo Laine performing unnatural acts with Dankworth's sax... excuse me for a moment...

Actually, she probably already does in order to sing like that.

Nigel

Mk13

Thought that was flutes?

Mangamax

And another thing i remember about the original Forbidden Planet is how the signings there were curiously un-attended.
The Empire Strikes Back one had Mark Hammill, Anthony Daniels and Dave Promse with the line barely getting out of the door.
The 2000 AD one's were bigger though.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

damnandblast

"Thought that was flutes?"

No, apparently it's real. The rest of the band use flutes to avoid ridicule.

Nigel

Bolt-01

Was that the photo strip by Tony Luke?

He used to work at Odysssey 7 back then, I remember him sitting at the till trying to get that bloody manga thing to look any good. He couldn't draw that well back then (don't know if he still can't)

I remember reading the Captan Britain fight; I was 11 and just starting comp. briliant stuff.

I made it to timeslip once, bought the first of Alan Davis' 'adventures of the outsiders' there, lovely shop. used to have those ads by Al Davison.

I am giving in to pressure and going to forbidden planet B'ham next week. I don't know why, but I prefer my comic shops grotty.

Dave6795