Main Menu

PROG 1321

Started by Tiplodocus, 09 December, 2002, 06:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

Everyone's met Michael Sheard.  He's a regular on the sf convention circuit, having been in Empire Strikes Back, and would, I swear, turn up to the opening of an envelope if there was a free meal in it and the chance to flog his autobiography.

In my one encounter with him, at a sf convention guest meal event in Edinburgh, I managed to (unintentionally...well, mostly) upset him so much that he got up and moved to another table.

Result!

Trout

"Everyone's met Michael Sheard"

Ooooh, get her!

Fair enough. Although I hardly think namedropping Mr Bronson was supposed to impress anyone. :-)

- Trout

judge dreddd

Felt it was a bit flat, though perhaps thats just all the stories ending.

In a way its sad when they all end together but it does mean a whole loada new stuff starting up so away we go again !

gavinhanly

Oops - you're right about the sister part.  Corrected the review.  Damn my useless memory!

Link: http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/" target="_blank">2000AD Review

HiEx

Cover - Quite an eyecatching cover this week. Although I'm not a fan of Yeowell's art (as I keep telling everybody), I must admit his art does look better in colour.

Dredd - I also agree that perhaps Gibson was not the best choice of artist for this week's Dredd tale. While I love his art on Robo Hunter & Halo Jones, I've always felt his Dredd is a little too cartoony. And also, Gibson is yet another art droid guilty of drawing Dredd using the old Lawgiver MK.1....Grrr! Where's the continuity? It's already been a few years since Justice Department switched over to the MK.11, but recently we have had a spate of art droids drawing Judges with the old MK.1. I mean, it's not as if reference material on the MK.11 is difficult to find. There's even a nice pic on this site. If Cliff Robinson, Jock, Richard Elson, Kev Walker, Frazer Irving & Cam Kennedy can all draw MK.11 lawgivers, why can't all the other art droids?!

Asylum - Beutiful art, but felt the ending was a little rushed. I'd like to see this strip continue later though. Anyway, wouldn't the whole beached resort have been swamped by a huge tidal wave when they crashed in the sea?

Red-Seas - I haven't enjoyed this series much. Again, I think it would have perhaps come alive in colour and with a different artist. Anyway, the ending was probably the best episode of the lot, although the fight scenes where very unclear.

HiEx

HiEx

Hmm.....forgot to mention SinDex. Oh well, that's probably a subconcious message from my brain trying to let me forget the horror.

Tharg, please for the love of all things good and decent kill off these two as soon as possible.

HiEx

Rob1971

'Everyone's met Michael Sheard. He's a regular on the sf convention circuit, having been in Empire Strikes Back'

And, let's not forget, his chilling autograph-signing portrayal of Hitler in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

The Holocaust, ridding the Star wars universe of pesky rebels, killing Danny Kendall, is there no end to the man's ability to portray evil?

Rob