Main Menu

HELP! I can't post or reply in the Spoilers section

Started by Dust, 30 November, 2011, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dust

As the title says... I can't find a link to contact an admin or get any help whatsoever so am posting here in desperation. Can someone help me? I can create topics and reply to threads in the other sections but, the Spoilers section seems to have become off-limits to me...

Emperor

"New Arrivals" can post in most forums but there are a number of forums that are off limits. It is something we've had to implement to avoid... problems.

Feel free to use the rest of the board and you're account will get upgraded after a while.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

I, Cosh

Some parts of the board have been changed so you have to make a number of posts elsewhere before you can participate there and I see you only have one. I actually thought it was only the "Film" section this applied to but maybe not.

NB Note to mods. It might be useful to have a sticky topic somewhere covering this and it's a pretty common query.

EDIT: Alternatively, what he said.
We never really die.

Emperor

Quote from: The Cosh on 30 November, 2011, 07:02:21 PMNB Note to mods. It might be useful to have a sticky topic somewhere covering this and it's a pretty common query.

Already here:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,33935.0.html

I might tweak it to mention that this is the "New Arrivals" account but all the information is there. Of course, if it needs to be reworded for clarity then we can sort that out. If it needs a big flashing neon sign pointing to it, we might struggle as there is a suspicious neon shortage in the Nerve Centre...
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Dust

Yeah, I read that sticky thread. All it says is...

Upon successful application to the 2000 AD Online Forums your account will have certain limitations put in place for a period of time before becoming a fully fledged member.

It didn't actually say *what* the restrictions were. Ah well. Any idea how many posts I need to make before I can actually go join in..? :(

vzzbux

I think its about 2,000 before you are accepted properly.

Only joking, not sure to be honest. Just join in wherever and whenever you want.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Emperor

Quote from: Dust on 30 November, 2011, 10:58:58 PM
Yeah, I read that sticky thread. All it says is...

Upon successful application to the 2000 AD Online Forums your account will have certain limitations put in place for a period of time before becoming a fully fledged member.

It didn't actually say *what* the restrictions were. Ah well. Any idea how many posts I need to make before I can actually go join in..? :(

There is no fixed number, we need enough material to analyse with complex algorithms to ensure that you aren't a stealth lunatic pretending to be one of the "normal" majority. ;) It is a Dark Art.