Main Menu

Grand Theft Auto III out for for iOS and Android!

Started by Goaty, 16 December, 2011, 09:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

radiator

I downloaded this against my better judgement last night. As I suspected, despite a good effort by the developers the touch controls are almost unbearably fiddly, and I suspect later missions are going to be nigh on impossible to complete as a result (GTA games can be bloody frustrating even when played with a joypad).

I was saying in another thread that someone needs to bring out a widely-supported snap on joypad for smartphones - it really would open up the platform for games.

Still a mind-boggling technical achievement though.

DrJomster

Too mind boggling for a 3GS sadly!!! :(

Does look good though!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

COMMANDO FORCES

I don't know why they bothered releasing it on Android, they'll make nowt on that system!

radiator

Anyone have any tips for on-foot combat? Finding aiming and shooting enemies successfully near-impossible. Am I missing something? I know holding down 'fire' locks on to the nearest enemy, but in the midst of a firefight they always seem to run at you, and the camera spins wildly out of control as you try to run and reacquire a lock.

When I get tasked with killing someone I just end up using a vehicle to run them over, but I imagine this technique will only get me so far.

Vehicle controls are mostly workable, though.

Goaty

Now it on Xmas sale for £1.99! Got it, can't believe everything same as the game 10 years ago!