Main Menu

Submission size

Started by carmdq, 11 September, 2015, 02:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carmdq

Hi. I'm preparing my first submission for the upcoming subs period and noticed it doesn't mention what size should artists submit the pages. I was thinking A3, which matches the size of my original pages, but I wanted to ask so I don't make any mistakes.

Also, is it necessary to include a SAE envelope to get an answer?

Thank you.

Bolt-01

You know- I've never thought of this. I've always assumed that art subs should be the same size as the printed work to show that you can deliver work of that size, but would TMO appreciate getting oversize envelopes through?

I would recommend a SAE as well.

carmdq

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 11 September, 2015, 03:03:28 PM
You know- I've never thought of this. I've always assumed that art subs should be the same size as the printed work to show that you can deliver work of that size, but would TMO appreciate getting oversize envelopes through?

I would recommend a SAE as well.

Yes, I thought of that too. It's just that I'm used to submitting by email so I don't want to screw up my chances. I've been reading other posts, but it seems there's nothing conclusive on this.

GordonR

Submission guidelines are here - http://www.2000adonline.com/submissions/ - if you haven't already seen them.  Yes, include an SAE, and one large enough for your art to be sent back to you.  DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL ARTWORK - copies only.

A4 copies would be cheaper for you, and probably save on desk space in the Command Module.  If your work's good enough, it'll look probably look good enough in A4 for Tharg to decide whether he likes it or not.

There's no hard and fast rule about it, though (other than DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL PAGES), so don't sweat it too much.

carmdq

Quote from: GordonR on 11 September, 2015, 06:15:53 PM
Submission guidelines are here - http://www.2000adonline.com/submissions/ - if you haven't already seen them.  Yes, include an SAE, and one large enough for your art to be sent back to you.  DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL ARTWORK - copies only.

A4 copies would be cheaper for you, and probably save on desk space in the Command Module.  If your work's good enough, it'll look probably look good enough in A4 for Tharg to decide whether he likes it or not.

There's no hard and fast rule about it, though (other than DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL PAGES), so don't sweat it too much.

Thanks! I did see the guidelines, but since there were no specifics on that I thought I should ask just in case. Cheers.