Main Menu

Thrillpowered Thursday returns for the dog days of summer

Started by Grant Goggans, 05 July, 2012, 10:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

I rather don't mind the imagery of male genitalia in Stone Island, if we can have topless ladies in Nikolai Dante everything should be fair game. 2000 AD is definitely an adult comic as it stands right now, and some people might think that's a problem (and I'm not sure if I agree or disagree on that) but as it stands right now full nudity fits right in with the sex and violence that packs much of its pages already, and perhaps always has.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Sorry to see you take a break, glad to hear you'll be back in the none too distant future Grant.

Good that you ended on what seems like a fitting note of me liking what I read, but not really agreeing, as so often seems the case. I like 'The Hitman's Daughter' and really enjoyed the art on it. Ya pays ya money...

Grant Goggans

I'm going to try a balance of 8 weeks on / 5 weeks off for a while.  It's very weird - I get a lot of feedback about Thrillpowered Thursday, from you guys and from email, but I can't get the clicks up.  Bookshelf reviews take about a third as long to write (and don't require any scanning either) but get, minimum, at least five times as many visitors, and give me a lot more ad revenue, but almost nobody ever lets me know what they think about those posts.

Which is perhaps a smug way of saying that I really do appreciate the feedback, and that y'all are keeping the blog alive!  But some link love and buzz and shares and tweets in October would be lovely, too.

Cactus

Which reminds me, I forgot to click on the ad link yesterday. I've done it now but I'm not sure I need, or want, to drop 3 dress sizes.  :-\
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!