Main Menu

New member, want to talk Dredd 2012...

Started by HunterZolomon, 10 May, 2012, 01:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

As his father, you are hardly unbiased.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Trout

Quote from: Emperor on 10 May, 2012, 06:22:49 PM
As his father, you are hardly unbiased.

He's got a lot of fathers and many, many uncles.

Emperor

Quote from: Emperor on 10 May, 2012, 05:22:35 PM
Quote from: HunterZolomon on 10 May, 2012, 04:03:00 PMI've never seen such strict anti-spam precautions on similar forums before.

We have a better class of deranged lunatic than most, but as DDD points out we did allow Roger in (apart from his occasional visits to the naughty step) so the bar is set pretty low (or high is we are using a limbo dancing analogy).

I will look into the verification code business, as that sounds like a pain.

And we looked into it. Seems it was set to ask for the verification code on the first 10 posts. As this was never a deliberate setting, we've removed it. I hope that makes life a little easier.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

HunterZolomon

Quote from: Emperor on 11 May, 2012, 03:46:42 PM
Quote from: HunterZolomon on 10 May, 2012, 04:03:00 PMI've never seen such strict anti-spam precautions on similar forums before.

We have a better class of deranged lunatic than most, but as DDD points out we did allow Roger in (apart from his occasional visits to the naughty step) so the bar is set pretty low (or high is we are using a limbo dancing analogy).

And we looked into it. Seems it was set to ask for the verification code on the first 10 posts. As this was never a deliberate setting, we've removed it. I hope that makes life a little easier.

Thanks. I honestly didn't mind that much, I was mostly curious as to why. But I can imagine more casual wannabe members might feel a bit unwelcome. ;)

Emperor

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 11 May, 2012, 04:05:14 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 11 May, 2012, 03:46:42 PM

Thanks. I honestly didn't mind that much, I was mostly curious as to why. But I can imagine more casual wannabe members might feel a bit unwelcome. ;)

And possibly even off-putting. It seems part of the general settings for that group and seems designed as a last hurdle for the robots, but we have other systems in place that seem to weed them out earlier, so it is a little unnecessary.

mejustnow

I'm still waiting for access to my profile and all threads, which is why I'm happy to drop in here from time to time to welcome newbies to the board like myself.  Personally I'd like to be able to chime in on the prog reviews, prompted as I was by how frikkin' awesome the current Dredd run is.

I'm about 18 posts in and still waiting though... :'(
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

mejustnow

oh, and I'd like to be able to give myself an avatar too
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

Soapywrapper

Sedgendary

Quote from: mejustnow on 17 May, 2012, 12:32:00 PM
I'm still waiting for access to my profile and all threads, which is why I'm happy to drop in here from time to time to welcome newbies to the board like myself.  Personally I'd like to be able to chime in on the prog reviews, prompted as I was by how frikkin' awesome the current Dredd run is.

I'm about 18 posts in and still waiting though... :'(

I'm the same, I would love to start posting reviews of the Prog but as with most forums I rarely post except about games and as the game section seems to be fairly slow (if the last few days are anything to go on) looks like it might be a while

hazy efc

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 10 May, 2012, 01:25:06 AM
Hi all. New member, old school Dredd fan. Stockholm, Sweden.

I actually joined because of the upcoming film, I thought this would be the place to discuss it. However, for some reason I don't have permission to post in the Film section. Why?

Edit: And apparently I have to verify some letter code to even post here. What is this forum? Mega City Justice Department lol?
im havin the same prob 2 it could be a bit clearer