Main Menu

Henry Flint's Day of Chaos inks

Started by kylestrahm, 12 July, 2012, 03:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylestrahm

A few days ago Henry Flint posted some Day of Chaos pages on his blog. I'm a big fan.

http://henryflint.wordpress.com/

Frank

http://henryflint.wordpress.com/

Cheers, kyle. I often find myself wondering whether the line art on coloured pages would stand up against that of 2000ad's black and white era, and those pages answer that question definitively. Flint did a great job on Day of Chaos.

El Chivo

Beautiful stuff, man's a genius!

Chi

SMUDGE10

Fabulous!

Would anyone like to join my campaign to make 2000 entirely black and white again?

:D
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
― Christopher Hitchens

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

kylestrahm

Yeah, I'd buy a 2000ad black and white special.

hoops

Quote from: SMUDGE10 on 18 July, 2012, 08:39:01 PM
Fabulous!

Would anyone like to join my campaign to make 2000 entirely black and white again?

:D

I'm in...

Frank

Quote from: SMUDGE10 on 18 July, 2012, 08:39:01 PM
Fabulous! Would anyone like to join my campaign to make 2000 entirely black and white again?:D

You're only stealing the thunder of my campaign to have it printed on bog paper with odd serated edges down one side and ink that rubs off on your bedsheets, again. When 2000ad first introduced full colour art for the strip on the centre pages, I assumed that this privelege would be reserved for prestige stories and artists whose style benefitted from the improved reproduction- like Bisley on Horned God.

I'm not sure what purpose Burton and Mackenzie imagined would be served by making an artist like Kev Hopgood break out the inks and airbrush for Dry Run. His art on that strip relied on exactly the same techniques and effects as his b/w line work on Night Zero; so unless you really wanted to know what colour the different horses were, paying Hopgood more money to take more time producing something that looked much the same was a waste of resources.

I'd love to see an artist like Steve Yeowell given the opportunity to work in the medium that best suits his style again, but any modern strips produced in b/w would end up having to be coloured anyway, to suit the formatting demands of the US reprint books.

SMUDGE10

Quote from: bikini kill on 20 July, 2012, 06:35:47 PM

You're only stealing the thunder of my campaign to have it printed on bog paper with odd serated edges down one side and ink that rubs off on your bedsheets, again.

YUP! Totally with you there....
You sound like a chap with fine taste!  :)

...not entirely sure about the 'bedsheet' bit though....

:-\
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
― Christopher Hitchens