Main Menu

Prog 1800 - Law Zone!

Started by Pete Wells, 08 September, 2012, 10:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: gufnork on 17 September, 2012, 05:29:10 PM

Brass Sun - Yeah. Not sure why people are raving about this one. I found the artwork to be lacking that certain something. The story looks like it could be interesting if you like that religio-steampunk kind of vibe that it looks like becoming, but for me, well apart from anything else I just can't get past the minimalist look of it all. Compare the artwork to the Dredd story or ABC Warriors in this prog to see what I mean. It just comes across as a little too simplistic and a little bit lacklustre to my untrained eye.

I think the art in Brass Sun tells its story and portrays its characters in a way those other stories can't compare.

TheMightyOne

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 18 September, 2012, 06:32:47 PM
Quotebadass

I see what you did there.

Unintentional lol, but every time I see it it cracks me up just to think how the totally compromised on her anatomy just so they could have a full view of her arse.

Also the back cover is really amazing, lot more of that please! it is also a great way to get people to pick it up and want to come back for more

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 September, 2012, 12:58:10 PM
Quote from: Zarjazzer on 15 September, 2012, 11:20:26 AM
. Is "Z" new?  :-*

He had a long intro story recently...

More to the point he appeared in almost every segment of the Volgan War flashbacks, as a key element in the war memories of each of the Warriors (along with Volkhan), generally rescuing them and then engraving some naff epigram on part of their kit.  He was the reason they were travelling to Marineris City in the first place, and only then he appeared in the 'present', as the graffiti artist revolutionary the Warriors had to (in turn) rescue from Der Kran and the Marineris authorities. 

So that's four hardback volumes and roughly 40 episodes he's featured in.   

Do pay attention at the back there!   ;)

Mardroid

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 September, 2012, 08:25:36 PM
More to the point he appeared in almost every segment of the Volgan War flashbacks, as a key element in the war memories of each of the Warriors (along with Volkhan), generally rescuing them and then engraving some naff epigram on part of their kit.

Heh. The episodes are so spread out that I didn't pick up on that until the warriors actually mentioned it themselves. (Shame on me, I know. Especially as his design is rather unique.) I think it would be more interesting to read in the volume format.

I actually started reading the Prog around the time Pineapples was telling his flashback. The episode just before he turned a Volgan cabbie-droid into a ginormous smart-bullet gun... The things GPS can be used for!  :lol:

ming

My Prog 1800 finally showed up yesterday (thanks, Denise!).  Only had time to read Dredd so far, partly due to the time required to give justice to the detail in the artwork.  The more we see of Chris Weston in the Prog, the happier I'll be.

I particularly loved the the Cursed Earth-style wardroid delivering Bertie... Attention to the details like this are a joy to behold.

johnnystress

Just got mine this week too. Weston's art is amazing. And I loved the Dan-E Cannon pun, though I feel sorry for the guy.

Brass Sun looks like it's going to be a winner

Great prog, a good mix, and a nice introduction for newcomers

Kanoobi

Just read a digital copy. Stone me! Every panel of Chris Weston's Dredd is worthy of being framed and hung in the louvre. Great story too. Lots more of that please!

Frank

Quote from: Kanoobi on 06 October, 2012, 10:32:58 PM
Just read a digital copy. Stone me! Every panel of Chris Weston's Dredd is worthy of being framed and hung in the louvre. Great story too. Lots more of that please!

Welcome to the frustration and misery of being a digital reader, Kanoobi! If you can avoid the temptation of sneaking a peak at the prog review thread of an issue you know you won't read for another week, you're a better man than me.

Kanoobi

It's the first time I've looked in this section to be honest Sauchie, I will try and exercise restraint lol :)