Main Menu

Question about the case files and (separately) digital progs

Started by standardman, 10 September, 2012, 06:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

standardman

Hey guys, I was just wondering about a couple of things.

First off, if I read the Judge Dredd Case Files series, will they eventually include the stories everyone always recommends (like America and these: http://www.scifinow.co.uk/top-tens/top-10-best-judge-dredd-comic-book-stories/ ) or are they largely separate series?

Secondly, does anyone know of any plans for a digital comics app on Android like the one on iOS? I know I can buy CBZ files now but I'd like an app and the subscription options.

IndigoPrime

On the case, files, earlier strips (including Oz and Judge Child's Quest) are already covered. Most of the others will be too, bar strips Rebellion considers to NOT be standard Dredd strips, or, presumably, those that would require additional licensing. To that end, America is not in the Case Files (although the sequels will be), and I suspect the Batman stuff won't be either.

No idea about an Android app, but the iOS one's tied directly into Apple's Newsstand system. Does Android have an equivalent?

standardman

Thanks for the reply, very helpful. I don't believe Android does so I guess it would require a separate app. Maybe that explains why the subscription options don't exist.

Link Prime

I can confirm there's no Android App.
Can't be too far off if the iOS one is successfull though...

HdE

It may be my advancing years (I'm 35, you know!) or the pressures of executive stress causing me to misremember, but wasn't it said on this board at one point that 'America' and ANY Megazine material would NOT be collected in the Case Files?

Incidentally, I'm suddenly interested in this in a big way, as I just started picking up the Case Files en masse. Hoping I don't find any have dropped out of print, because this is going to take a while on the money I'm making...
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

glassstanley

The Megazine Dredd strips are included from vol. 15 on. Why America and the second Kenny Who? strip didn't count as official Judge Dredd stories is for somebody else to explain.

HdE

Megazine strips are in the case files?!

Oh FRABJOUS day! Calloo! Callay!

Cheers for the clarification!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

I, Cosh

Quote from: glassstanley on 12 September, 2012, 07:21:32 PM
The Megazine Dredd strips are included from vol. 15 on. Why America and the second Kenny Who? strip didn't count as official Judge Dredd stories is for somebody else to explain.
Very simple. The Case Files reprint every Judge Dredd, not every story featuring Judge Dredd. Both America and the Kenny Who? strip you mention were run as separate strips under those titles, not Dredd stories.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 September, 2012, 06:54:09 PM
To that end, America is not in the Case Files (although the sequels will be), and I suspect the Batman stuff won't be either.
Fading of the Light was also published under the America banner so it wont appear in the Case Files. Cadet didn't so it will. There's a Complete Batman/Dredd book out shortly which should slot in nicely alongside the Case Files.
We never really die.