Main Menu

Subscriptions - Pro's and Con's?

Started by TheMightyOne, 15 September, 2012, 10:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 16 September, 2012, 02:30:31 AM
You get the prog delivered to your (or Mark Taylor's) house.

Fixed that for you.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: TheMightyOne on 15 September, 2012, 10:52:23 PM
My only reason is getting the cash together hahhah :lol:

Also how much is this small cost?

£7.99 for the Future Shocks 2 book with free p&p.

hippynumber1

Quote from: pops1983 on 16 September, 2012, 03:19:30 AM
BAH! In my drunkeness I have come across as a mean and nasty grammar Nazi, what the Finns would call a pilkunnussija; a 'comma-fucker'. For this I apologize, and also for the double post

I, however, AM a grammar Nazi and, as a plural of 'apostrophe', apostropes doesn't need an apostrope!  :lol:

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 16 September, 2012, 08:14:32 AM

I, however, AM a grammar Nazi and, as a plural of 'apostrophe', apostropes doesn't need an apostrope!  :lol:

"Apostrope" does, however, need an 'h'.

Tricky things, these grammar posts. ;-)

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

vzzbux

Thats what happens when you try to be a smart arse.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

hippynumber1

Pete Wells

My Saturday goes thusly: I have negotiated the lie in and our postie comes at about 9.30. The missus wakes me up with a kiss, the prog, scrambled eggs and a cuppa. I am then left alone to devour the prog and my brekkie before trying to bag the prog thread. What could be nicer than that? I am the king of my castle on a Saturday!

The only con is sometimes, when you're really excited for a prog (e.g. Final ep of Dante,) your Saturday lie in is ruined cos you can't sleep!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Pete Wells on 16 September, 2012, 08:28:28 AM
My Saturday goes thusly: I have negotiated the lie in and our postie comes at about 9.30. The missus wakes me up with a kiss, the prog, scrambled eggs and a cuppa. I am then left alone to devour the prog and my brekkie before trying to bag the prog thread. What could be nicer than that? I am the king of my castle on a Saturday!

Alas negotiation implies there's some pay back in the end. For example in my mind now on Sunday morning your up at 4.30am chopping wood, milking the cows and getting the coal from the cellar?

Banners

Quote from: vzzbux
Thats what happens when you try to be a smart arse.

V

That's.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

I, Cosh

All this talk of "getting the money together" has me thinking he's talking about an annual sub. Why not pay monthly?
Quote from: vzzbux on 16 September, 2012, 10:54:20 AM
Are you saying he should go digital?
We never really die.

Pete Wells

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 September, 2012, 09:47:06 AM
Alas negotiation implies there's some pay back in the end. For example in my mind now on Sunday morning your up at 4.30am chopping wood, milking the cows and getting the coal from the cellar?

How astute Colin. Sunday, of course, is her turn when I have to entertain the littlun in near silence as a gnat's fart would wake up my missus.

Still, subs rule! It's a no brainer.

TheMightyOne

Thanks for all the helpful advice, Im going to go for a monthly sub for 2000AD or get my nan to get me the £15
one for both. (It might sound horrible but she buys me a magazine sub every year, I am a little tired of bird life!)