Main Menu

Sequel to Harry Twenty?

Started by Simon Beigh, 29 August, 2013, 08:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Skullmo on 30 August, 2013, 05:12:40 PM
Alan Moore was talking about his money once and he said. I'm comfortable, well I would never have to work again.

Was that before or after he bankrupted himself with Mad Love? Arkham Asylum was a long time ago, during the weird bubble of adult comics/a new X-Men number 1 every week. I'm sure neither Moore nor Morrison are down to their last Ouija board, but both seem to be doing their best to move into other mediums. Other folks will know more about this than myself, but the big two seem to be run as loss leading IP copyright retention arms of media conglomerates.

Back on topic - I ain't read it, but presumably Alan Davis's work on Captain Britain would appeal to your son, in terms of the art at least. Maybe you could watch a few films and read some books together which would give your wee fella an idea of where some of the characters and ideas in Gerry Finley-Day's story came from, Simeon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Gunn_%28Treasure_Island%29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zKjFgdgp7yY#t=159

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkSmTPfh0Hg

Buttonman

Quote from: JamesC on 30 August, 2013, 12:50:10 PM
I'll write it.

It'll be called Harry 18-30* and they'll all go on holiday and drink goldfish bowls.

Been there, ruined that...

JamesC

Quote from: Buttonman on 30 August, 2013, 05:58:49 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 30 August, 2013, 12:50:10 PM
I'll write it.

It'll be called Harry 18-30* and they'll all go on holiday and drink goldfish bowls.

Been there, ruined that...

I bow to your superior art skills!  :lol:

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 30 August, 2013, 12:38:29 PM
If the creators are ralaxed about it, I think a sequel to this fine work is not a bad idea.

We almost did. Who did you think that Hunter was originally intended to be in Stalag 666?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Simon Beigh

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 31 August, 2013, 02:56:30 AM
We almost did. Who did you think that Hunter was originally intended to be in Stalag 666?

I didn't know what Stalag 666 was, so I googled it. Top of the list was the thread on this forum A message from the writer of Stalag 666. What Tony Lee had to go through... Bah - some people... >:( Any newbies like me should have a quick gander at it, if only to see how depraved some of humanity is...

Right - back on topic...

Lego still not ready - sorry Dash...

Meltdown Man should arrive today.

Who wants to volunteer to write the sequel, preferably radically different from the proposed versions on this topic so far ;) Any nice creator droids, or aspiring droids, want to pitch to Tharg? Having said that, I can see Buttonman's version working as a cover...

hippynumber1

That story still disgusts me.

As to a sequel; personally I can't stand unnecessary sequels. The story is done, leave it be.

Satanist

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 31 August, 2013, 09:04:34 AM

It wasnt that bad and had some nice art  ;)
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

hippynumber1

Quote from: Satanist on 31 August, 2013, 11:49:17 AM

It wasnt that bad and had some nice art  ;)

Hmmmmm, didn't think that through did I!  :lol:

Simon Beigh

As to a sequel; personally I can't stand unnecessary sequels. The story is done, leave it be.

Don't fancy working up that Death By Buggery concept then?  :)

hippynumber1

Maybe in next month's short story competition!  ;)

The Enigmatic Dr X

I liked stalag 666. Was it meant to be a sequel? Do we know this officially? If yes then why was it changed?
Lock up your spoons!

strontium_dog_90

Hadn't there been a few other stories that had turned out to be connected to classic strips at the time? I seem to remember that being mentioned in an interview for why the Harry 20 connection didn't happen.

A work colleague and me were just talking about Harry 20 the other day, come to think of it - bemoaning the fact that it hasn't been adapted into a movie yet. Now there's a comic-based film I'd rush to see.

Skullmo

I always love the fact that at the end of Harry 20 they drift off to start a new world, devoid of women.

There has to be a sequel in that!
It's a joke. I was joking.

O Lucky Stevie!

Well it may not  necessarily be considered as being canon but  there was the Black Flame novel...

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

maryanddavid