Main Menu

Free comic Book day: Edinburgh pint?

Started by Proudhuff, 24 April, 2013, 12:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

I noticed that FC BD at FP in Edinbra is hosting Andy Diggle and Sean Phillips 3pm to 5pm.

I'll be popping in for the 2K freebie and some other odds and sods as its after payday.

Anyother Northern Contingent/Jockward Squad about for a pint?
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

When is it again?

And why aren't you letting us have free online pints?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Next Sat, gonna try and wangle this. Update tae follow.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 24 April, 2013, 09:16:34 PM
When is it again?

And why aren't you letting us have free online pints?

hmmmm there's an advert about here somewhere,if I can just move these Progs out the way....

Unfortunately digital pints are only available to subscribers in NornIron and cannot be transferred.
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

No can do. I shall be girding my loins ahead of my (gulp) fortieth birthday bash. Fire up for a pint when you get back from Edinburgh lads.
We never really die.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Dode C

Shite! I am unfortunately in thrall to THE MAN that day. If pintage continues afterwards though, I may come along for a swift half after work.

Satanist

GAH forgot mother in laws birthday next sat so cannae make this.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Jings! I'll be popping along for the 2K comic and perhaps a Dredd sketch, but looks like I'll be alone  ::)

Dode, we could RV after your work Txt/PM me if you fancy that?
DDT did a job on me

Sideshow Bob

Wasn't sure if I'd be able to get there today, what with other commitments, but managed ( after a great deal of rushing about, and an hours' drive ....Edinburgh is a nightmare to drive around in a car !!) to get there about 2 o'clock.....And surprise, surprise,  NO Free Comics left... :'(   FFS !!...Major disappointment...

However,  I did manage to get a Copy of Fatale signed by the remarkable artist Sean Phillips....
And a copy of The Losers' Book 2 signed by Andy Diggle.... :D

A couple of really nice blokes, and as a bonus....I managed to take my Devlin Waugh original artwork through as well, and Sean Phillips was happy to sign the borders of them all...Best Wishes ..Sean Phillips.....He also was quite pleased to see artwork that he had originally drawn in 1993....

Great stuff !!....Still annoyed about there being no comics left though....Ah well..eBay here I come..
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Proudhuff

In true Northern Contingent style Dode and I missed the signing and went straight to to pub  :D

It was only after a couple o pints we noticed Diggle, Rankin and Co sitting a short distance away, being Edinburgh we couldn't talk to them as we'd had no formal intros
DDT did a job on me

Sideshow Bob

Noticed on 'twitter' that Ian Rankin went to Forbidden Planet to meet Andy Diggle and Sean Phillips and to get comics signed.....Just goes to show the 'change in attitude' towards Comics and Graphic novels that is happening,  if a 'world wide' renowned and mainstream best selling author such as Ian Rankin holds guys like Sean Phillips and Andy Diggle in such high esteem he is willing to wait in the queque to meet them...
And to go for a drink with them afterwards.... :D

Wish I could have joined them for a 'pint'.....I'd have just been quite happy to listen to the conversation !!
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890