Main Menu

Doctor Who: The Crimson Hand over at my Bookshelf

Started by Grant Goggans, 30 June, 2013, 12:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

I think that some of you may enjoy reading about The Crimson Hand, the third and final book collecting Panini's Tenth Doctor comics, with art by Mike Collins, Paul Grist, and Martin Geraghty.  It's good!

Colin YNWA

Uh I won't be reading this, not in an attempt to avoid having more conflicting opinions with Grant, rather 'cos its working its way up my read list (well spreadsheet). I can say I've really enjoyed the other two so very optimistic. Having waited so long for this to see the light of day glad to hear even a brief good word though here. These Panini Doctor reprints from DWM are so much better than the offerings I've read from IDW.

Has anybody read Diggle's stuff?

Judge Brian

I've read IDW's Doctor who 3-6 the ones written by the fill in writer were better than the 2 by Diggle.

The Prodigal

Crimson Hand is a very good collection-I bought it some time ago.

I must say I did rather enjoy the omnibus IDW volume 1 thingie which had a lengthy string of yarns in it including the very good "The Forgotten" story-line.

Grant Goggans

I think that the DWM comic took a big quality tumble when the show came back, but it righted itself after Rose left.  That's not to say that the 9th Doctor / Betrothal of Sontar material is bad, but the 8th Doctor years were just so wild and wonderful, and the NuWho comics just started out so darn ordinary and restrained by comparison.

This stuff is really good.  And Paul Grist!  Man, he should've been drawing Doctor Who *years* ago.