Main Menu

daveycandlish IS Forrest Gump!

Started by Daveycandlish, 11 September, 2013, 08:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

By no means as impressive as Bolt's fire walking, but I'll be doing the Great North Run half marathon on Sunday.
I do a lot of running (anyone who sees my posts on facebook will know all about this!) but rarely do a sponsored event - this one, however, I'm running in aid of a charity called Get Kids Going! who provide mobility equipment for disabled children. As my nephew has cerebral palsy it seemed a good choice of charity to run for.

If you feel you could help in anyway, big or small, I have a Just Giving page set up
http://t.co/tN5dFefvoT

or you can even help by texting your donation; just text SNOB70 then a space then an amount e.g £1, to 70070 - although any amount is very gratefully received.
http://t.co/8YR9Cj8D8v

Thanks to the wonderful people who have already donated when I plugged this on facebook - if anyone here can help this worthy charity it would be very gratefully received  :)

Cheers!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

maryanddavid

Davey, have you a PPal that donations can be made to?

Daveycandlish

Certainly have, maryanddavid  :thumbsup:
You can send it to daveycandlish[AT]tiscali[DOT]co[DOT]uk

Cheers!

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

maryanddavid

Daveycandlish

:thumbsup:Cheers David! :thumbsup:

Much appreciated!

Daveycandlish

A quick bump for this as I only need 3 quid to reach my target!
You can text a donation by texting SNOB70 £1 to 70070
Can you help?

Greg M.

Dave, I've paypal-ed you a few pennies. All the best with the half-marathon!

Daveycandlish

Daveycandlish

Great North Run done in 1hr 48mins. Not the fastest I've ever ran it but certainly the most fun I've had doing it :)

Thanks to everyone who sponsored me - it's very much appreciated

Greg M.