Main Menu

Durham Red - continuity?

Started by HOO-HAA, 08 December, 2013, 09:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 December, 2013, 04:26:21 PM
Best to imagine divergent time-streams spinning off from that dark dimension, I suppose: one where the Lyran beast disintegrated Johnny and Feral went on to become a hero, and one where his struggles and deceptions with Johnny's body led him down a different path, taking his fellows with him: indeed one where Red, not Johnny, was the mutant race's risen messiah.

You should be running Marvel!  ;)

HOO-HAA

Quote from: Link Prime on 10 December, 2013, 11:22:15 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 09 December, 2013, 04:26:21 PM
Best to imagine divergent time-streams spinning off from that dark dimension, I suppose: one where the Lyran beast disintegrated Johnny and Feral went on to become a hero, and one where his struggles and deceptions with Johnny's body led him down a different path, taking his fellows with him: indeed one where Red, not Johnny, was the mutant race's risen messiah.

You should be running Marvel!  ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JUDGE BURNS

I am currently reading book 4 of the 5 set of Durham Red novels by Peter Evans.

It took me months to get all 5 books ( some were old library copies but I didnt mind that). Some places had them at over £10 a copy!!!   I didnt want to start until I had all five.

Tracking down some of these old Black Flame label novels is tricky. ( I used wikipedia to look up Black Flame and there is a complete listings of their novels there.)   My favourite so far is the 2 ABC WArriors novels,   The Medusa War by Pat Mills and   Rage Against the Machines by Mike Wild.

Shame they didnt do any more...

Skullmo

ON the last page of the final book it says

'and then John Wagner said none of that wot you just read happened'
It's a joke. I was joking.

HOO-HAA

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 10 December, 2013, 08:18:45 PM
I am currently reading book 4 of the 5 set of Durham Red novels by Peter Evans.

It took me months to get all 5 books ( some were old library copies but I didnt mind that). Some places had them at over £10 a copy!!!   I didnt want to start until I had all five.

Tracking down some of these old Black Flame label novels is tricky. ( I used wikipedia to look up Black Flame and there is a complete listings of their novels there.)   My favourite so far is the 2 ABC WArriors novels,   The Medusa War by Pat Mills and   Rage Against the Machines by Mike Wild.

Shame they didnt do any more...

Hoe are you finding the Evans books, JB? I've just wrapped on The Omega Solution and, must say, enjoyed the hell out of it.

I'm onto Sins of the Father now, Judge Anderson novel. Another Black Flame number, I think.

You probably know this already, but most (if not all) of the Black Flame titles are available as e-books now from the Rebellion online store. Good prices, too: £2.99 a pop.