Main Menu

Before 2000ad - Where were they then

Started by Skullmo, 09 July, 2014, 12:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Hey I found my End Is Nigh T-shirt just two days ago! It was in a box of comics I was sorting through. It's very faded but I will still wear it with pride!

DarkDaysBish-OP

Pah, whippersnappers! Fast approaching the 24th anniversary of my first day on the Megazine as Steve Mac's assistant editor - July 25th, 1990. A Wednesday it was.

I can remember when this forum was just an empty digital field, etc...

Molch-R

David, I hate to say this but ... I hadn't even started reading 2000 AD by that point. I was 12.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Daveycandlish

They'll be out of nappies in no time
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Bolt-01

The mighty Molch-R also got to draw an Al Ewing strip in FutureQuake 05, and Charlie Adlard did the cover to accompany it.

ZenArcade

July 1990 I was 20 working in my summer job as a surverys assistant at the old Sea Containers building beside the Command centre (as it was then). I used to read the prog (Necropolis) during my lunch break (generally a 'sausage french' from a local caf) and gaze fondly up towards Tharg. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

CrazyFoxMachine

DarkDaysBish-OP

Like I said - whippersnappers.

Now get off my lawn!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Art on 10 July, 2014, 04:56:08 PM
Wait - I was a member of this messageboard for a decade BEFORE I started at Rebellion?! Shocking!!

Starting to feel very old.

Me too... think I've been here for 13 years now  :o
(I started as 'Jayzus B. Christ' with spaces, then had a signing-in fuck-up great idea for a name-change.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

judda fett

You will find pre prog Jake Lynch and PJ Holden in the 'Class Of '79' zine (I think PJ may have had stuff in 'Violent' too).