Main Menu

Judge Dredd Classics Volume 1: Apocalypse War (IDW, coloured)

Started by Dash Decent, 17 November, 2013, 01:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Smith

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 May, 2014, 08:59:58 AM
I have a strange relationship with the Apocalypse War, as I first read it (and Block Mania) in the Eagle reprints, so in my mind it's always been in colour.  So while I'm usually a B&W man by preference, this story is an exception.

Same here with me, which is why I'm on the one hand curious to see how it looks in this book, yet believe that I may be unfairly biased towards it if I decide to pick it up. Probably something I'll be in no rush to buy, but if I happen to see it next time I'm at Waterstone's, I can at least give it a proper look before deciding to get it or not.

SmallBlueThing

I've caved in and ordered this (£12 via Amazon) as the above comments reassured me the page sizing might be slightly more readable. Oddly quite excited about getting it, despite having read this story a squintillion times, and having it in six previous formats.

SBT

TordelBack

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 26 May, 2014, 03:32:02 PMOddly quite excited about getting it, despite having read this story a squintillion times, and having it in six previous formats.

We're a strange breed and no mistake.

mogzilla

they didn't do a bad job at colouring the judge death debut for free comic book day last year so I might give these a shot even if I will own that story 4 times (case files,titan complete,quality comics(or eagle)!? and the new version. ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

radiator

Ordered this on a whim the other day and it arrived last night.

Despite a few misgivings about the production* it's actually a really nice package and a solid chunk of book. I know most people will always regard the B&W version as definitive but I've got to say - the colours really make this story feel fresh again.

*I'm not overly keen on the design of the book - there is an unsightly gutter at the bottom of each page - and the IDW-commissioned covers are just awful. It's a real shame that the cover gallery is these and not the classic original covers.

QuoteThere's a page at the back of issue 8 that says "COMING SOON : JUDGE DREDD CLASSICS : THE DARK JUDGES" and then "JUNE 2014".

So... I guess this isn't happening then?